soundstream rn1.3000d

wow what a post. using subs for mids wow. I'm a girl and i know that you don't use a sub speaker to play mids. Next time i watch NASCAR i expect to see a family minivan used as a race cars NOT. Sorry it was kind of funny.

Hey but if you want to do it go for it. Use a sub speaker to play mid sounds. And then you can use a tweeter to play sub bass sounds and then use a mid speaker to play hi sounds if you want. You can do what every you like to do.

Eclipse 8615.8, vintage. Specs came without ideal box volume, but after much trial and error I found close. Frequency range is 20Hz- 2000Hz, so I want to hear what they can do. I'm new at this and like to experiment. I wanted to get mid bass a few months ago and the forum pushed back on the idea.
Yes you can experiment all you want. You may not have good quality sound but you can do anything you want. You also said you wanted mid bass few months ago and the forum pushed back. Hummmm Like to see what that was all about. I would have to bet it was about the same thing, wanting mid sound out of a sub bass speaker. Also said you were new at this and wanted to experiment. You can do that all you want but, remember that when you come on car audio forum for help and advice and them you push back from the answers you get in help from many experianced car audio people don't get made at the answer.

Many here are trying to tell you and explain that certain speakers are designed to do certain things like reproduce only certain sounds in the sound spectrum. Subs are designed for reproducing bass sounds up to a certain frequencies. Manly 80hz or less and not much more. mid speakers are designed for mid sounds like the 2000hz you commented on. And a tweeter is designed for higher frequencies.

Also the amplifier you spoke about. One poster said it was a low end garbage. And he is right. it is a very low quality amp. But if you want low end quality amps then buy it. But don't be surprized when the sound is bad or the amp dies out. And there is a reason you commented that you have a hard time finding a amp with 500 LP. that is because your into the mid / mid bass section and not sub bass section. Maybe that would open your eyes, that is why your having hard time finding this amp that just may not exist.

So if you don't like the help or answers you get then just do your own thing and don't ask. Have a wonderful day Thanks:)

Stepgirl, are you a troll? 10 days after BoominDildweed. More stupidity. It literally takes 15 seconds to change my sub crossovers from my HU. You trolls turn it into a stinking catastrophe. LAME TROLLS. Anyhow I just hooked up an AudioControl Epicenter indash instead of getting a bass amp. I got 138 Dbs without even trying to push. HU volume only 70%. BTW I got my 15's low passed at 90Hz. YOU TROLLS FREEK OUT AND THINK YOUR SPEAKERS DON'T SMELL. EAT IT, I GOT LOUD WITH ONLY 300RMS.

You gauge your outcome by “you got loud”? Dude....tweeters can be loud. I think Where this thread went sour is when you came asking for feedback about an amp spec that widelly doesn’t exist for a reason. You think that series of amps is the holy grail of amps because they list a super wide lpf... that’s just not the case. You could listen to jazz or books on tape and you still don’t want frequencies around 500 coming out of a sub. The justification of “I like to tinker” is not an excuse to come the board, argue and alienate yourself with key contributors all while trying to give off the impression that you know what you’re researching. Humility

Oh yeah, since I’m sure you’ll probably say something about not giving feedback....both of those amps ****. Woofers etc just realized it was worth the 50 extra cents landed cost to move that junk out their warehouse and end your weekly check ins on a crappy amp

Features & Specifications:
  • High Efficiency Class D Monoblock Performance Amplifier
  • Hybrid Aluminum Alloy Heatsink for Optimum Dissipation
  • 1-Ohm Minimum Impedance Monoblock Operation
  • Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
  • Monoblock Bridging Capability for Double Amplifier Application
  • MOSFET Power Supply with Audiophile Grade IRTM Transistors
  • Military Grade SMT PCB Maintains Dynamic Performance
  • Direct Short, Thermal and Overload Circuits Protect Amplifier
  • 200mV-6V Low Level RCA or High Level Signal Input
  • Pre-Amp Low Level RCA Audio Outputs
  • Quick Disconnect High Level Input Wire Harness Included
  • Easy DIY Install Single Sided Terminals and Controls
  • 4g Power Input Terminals and 8g Speaker Output Terminals
  • Variable 12dB Low-Pass and Subsonic Crossovers
  • 12dB Bass Boost Increases Low Octave Harmonics
  • Dash Mount Gain Control Module Included
    • 600W x 1 at 4-Ohm
    • 900W x 1 at 2-Ohm
    • 1,500W x 1 at 1-Ohm
    • 3,000W Max Power
  • Frequency Response: 15-500Hz
  • Signal to Noise Ratio: 101dB
  • Variable 50-500Hz 12dB Low Pass Filter
  • Variable 20-50Hz 12dB Subsonic Filter
  • Variable 12dB at 45Hz Bass Boost
  • 180deg Phase Switch
  • Dimensions: 6.5" W x 1.5" H x 10.25" L

Last edited:
The sad thing is, I used to have a Soundstream reference 705, and two spl 15s....they were Amazing!! But that was when Soundstream was made in the USA....my how they have fallen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.