Soundstream Pn1.1000D Amp Dyno

But, they can't test EVERY amp everyone wants them to test. Ryan has mostly been testing more affordable amps for the exact reason I mentioned...they cost money. Dereck has tested a lot of old school amps because many people have been generous enough to send them their personal amps to put on the bench. But, he is doing more and more new amps to try and balance things out. I just find it funny that in the video comments there are always a bunch of posts from people wanting these guys to test the amp they own or want to own. Like Ryan and Dereck are made of money and can just run out and buy amps like filling a grocery list.

I'm appreciative to them both for doing as much as they do. Just seems rude for people to constantly be badgering them to do more.
I was actually thinking of offering a Dyno service for people to get amps they want to buy tested... Basically my thought was pay a $20 deposit (Per $100) and I'll buy the amp you want to buy, I'll test it and if the numbers are agreeable pay the balance of the cost of the amp and I'll ship it off... If the amp is a bust I can return the amp or if its not returnable I can use the $20 to subvent the sale.

Problem is I am sure half the people who watch my channel will call me greedy

I was actually thinking of offering a Dyno service for people to get amps they want to buy tested... Basically my thought was pay a $20 deposit (Per $100) and I'll buy the amp you want to buy, I'll test it and if the numbers are agreeable pay the balance of the cost of the amp and I'll ship it off... If the amp is a bust I can return the amp or if its not returnable I can use the $20 to subvent the sale.
Problem is I am sure half the people who watch my channel will call me greedy
nah finding out a $300 amp ain't worth a crap for $60 would be worth it i think., and if it's good buyer not really out much and they know what THAT amp does..

But, they can't test EVERY amp everyone wants them to test. Ryan has mostly been testing more affordable amps for the exact reason I mentioned...they cost money. Dereck has tested a lot of old school amps because many people have been generous enough to send them their personal amps to put on the bench. But, he is doing more and more new amps to try and balance things out. I just find it funny that in the video comments there are always a bunch of posts from people wanting these guys to test the amp they own or want to own. Like Ryan and Dereck are made of money and can just run out and buy amps like filling a grocery list.

I'm appreciative to them both for doing as much as they do. Just seems rude for people to constantly be badgering them to do more.
orrrrrrr, you could just see it as his audience saying what theyd like to see. Youtubers are obviously catering to a market unless theyre strictly doing it for themselves, in which case, they might want to say something about not making suggestions otherwise its inevitable. 90+% of successful youtubers ask for suggestions to get a litmus for what their audience wants to see. I can see your point to a degree, but i think youre on the far end of your side of the spectrum man

orrrrrrr, you could just see it as his audience saying what theyd like to see. Youtubers are obviously catering to a market unless theyre strictly doing it for themselves, in which case, they might want to say something about not making suggestions otherwise its inevitable. 90+% of successful youtubers ask for suggestions to get a litmus for what their audience wants to see. I can see your point to a degree, but i think youre on the far end of your side of the spectrum man
I don't mind the comments if they also mention why they want to see the amp tested and how it fits... For example I just picked up a couple of Renegade amps because someone put in the comments of the latest Dual video that you can get a amp designed and distributed by RF that states 75x4rms for under $90... that got my interest up and thought people might find that find interesting... on the other hand when people come in and just bark an amp like "Jensen 500x1" or "Power BAMF 5000D from 2013" with no additional commentary it comes across to me as someone saying "dance monkey dance!" and kind of irks me....

I will admit the only other comments that get me torqued are when someone disagrees with the findings and says my equipment is not as good as BigD's.... Especially since we have the EXACT same equipment.... We both have SMD AD-1's, We both use XS Power D1400 batteries and we both use RD Power PSU's (Though I have 2 and he has 1...)... Only difference is he can switch to his boost cap bank and I don't use one... but he has been using his D1400's now more than he has the boost cap bank...

i actually think it's better to have less power supply especially if testing 1500 and less amps, because most peeps are lucky if the have big 3 done most don't have 2nd battery anyway.. so with your set up if amp test 1500 in most cars they probably lucky to get 1250 anyway with a cheap set up (like mine)

I don't mind the comments if they also mention why they want to see the amp tested and how it fits... For example I just picked up a couple of Renegade amps because someone put in the comments of the latest Dual video that you can get a amp designed and distributed by RF that states 75x4rms for under $90... that got my interest up and thought people might find that find interesting... on the other hand when people come in and just bark an amp like "Jensen 500x1" or "Power BAMF 5000D from 2013" with no additional commentary it comes across to me as someone saying "dance monkey dance!" and kind of irks me....
I will admit the only other comments that get me torqued are when someone disagrees with the findings and says my equipment is not as good as BigD's.... Especially since we have the EXACT same equipment.... We both have SMD AD-1's, We both use XS Power D1400 batteries and we both use RD Power PSU's (Though I have 2 and he has 1...)... Only difference is he can switch to his boost cap bank and I don't use one... but he has been using his D1400's now more than he has the boost cap bank...
well put. I asked Derek to test the A/D/S/ PQ20.2, and he did eventually get the PQ20 (not. the .2 version) and i was pumped!! I ran that amp on a pair of RF HE2 12"s for years and it sounded soooooo good. Turns out it didnt put out that much power, but it answered my 20 year question of what it actually did put to the subs. Mine is in a state of disrepair. Might have to have Zed look at it

also, i really appreciate every amp you test. its awesome to see the real life results of them. Whatever you can feasibly get done is great! And youre right, its not like you got a stack of amps to where you can be like "oh, you want this one tested? here ya go then!!" LoL

but a good example of what i feel would be a good choice for a test amp is the PPI PC275 (which can be purchased for a reasonable amnt). Im running two of them (one to each sub) and wonder what kind of actual power im seeing at the cone

well put. I asked Derek to test the A/D/S/ PQ20.2, and he did eventually get the PQ20 (not. the .2 version) and i was pumped!! I ran that amp on a pair of RF HE2 12"s for years and it sounded soooooo good. Turns out it didnt put out that much power, but it answered my 20 year question of what it actually did put to the subs. Mine is in a state of disrepair. Might have to have Zed look at it
also, i really appreciate every amp you test. its awesome to see the real life results of them. Whatever you can feasibly get done is great! And youre right, its not like you got a stack of amps to where you can be like "oh, you want this one tested? here ya go then!!" LoL

but a good example of what i feel would be a good choice for a test amp is the PPI PC275 (which can be purchased for a reasonable amnt). Im running two of them (one to each sub) and wonder what kind of actual power im seeing at the cone
I was about to do a old school build. Then I heard one done right. Well it wasn’t as good as I remembered.

I'm a big fan of your vids, watch em all. I'd be happy to donate a garbage amp if you want to test it, if not no problem.

you should make tshirts and sell them, something car audio/bass and power lifting related. I'd buy one.

On smaller amps I run power supply only, no batteries, gives me a voltage of 14.2 down to 13.8v. If I run a sub 1800w amp on the battery bank the voltage would be up over 14.6v

I was about to do a old school build. Then I heard one done right. Well it wasn’t as good as I remembered.
man, you gots ta have some love for some old school Dynaudio 3 ways on A/D/S/ power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've seen those Renegades for some time and always wondered what was going on with them. Like, why does RF feel there is a market for a series of amps that might compete directly with say, their Prime series?

Of course it could be that they've established a minimum price point for everything badged RF and sold by authorized dealers. So, they don't want to hurt them. Who knows? But, I'll be watching with interest!

The people who constantly post stuff like "You need to test the Sundown/Skar/Taramps/American Bass/CT Sounds...etc....etc...etc" are the people I am talking about. You can just tell they've been reading a message board or one of their friends has one of those brands and they want to get in on the fun too. It does kinda become "dance monkey, dance" with that crew.

I've seen those Renegades for some time and always wondered what was going on with them. Like, why does RF feel there is a market for a series of amps that might compete directly with say, their Prime series? Of course it could be that they've established a minimum price point for everything badged RF and sold by authorized dealers. So, they don't want to hurt them. Who knows? But, I'll be watching with interest!

The people who constantly post stuff like "You need to test the Sundown/Skar/Taramps/American Bass/CT Sounds...etc....etc...etc" are the people I am talking about. You can just tell they've been reading a message board or one of their friends has one of those brands and they want to get in on the fun too. It does kinda become "dance monkey, dance" with that crew.
Yeah I really don't see much of a need to test Sundown and Skar. They both own Amp Dyno's and can release a video at anypoint.... American Bass I tested a pair and was disappointed both times... They are overrated and overpriced for what they are offering... At least on the Amp side, I find the subwoofers a completely different story..... Taramps I have one here and a I am not looking forward to running it on the dyno... Seems like they really hate resisitive loads and 14v... That's what it will get with me... CT Sounds I refuse to test.

man, you gots ta have some love for some old school Dynaudio 3 ways on A/D/S/ power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I honestly don’t. There is zero need to run anything over 5 years old these days. We have it to good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.