Soundqubed HDS3-15

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ford Exploder
that awesome, the subs sounded like it was pissed, but nice number none the less...i wonder what i could get of the trunk with HDS-15 on 3k? hmmmmm

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Ford Exploder
have you metered you trunk setup?

I have had two of the HDS 15's over the past few months. I did not get to meter before one of the coils became unglued at around 75% output of what I USUALLY play them at lol (coil is still shiny and new looking in color) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Both subs were wired to the same amp, gains set with scope and sounded **** good for what it is considering the price as well. The coil suddenly getting unglued on one is what put me off though. Then I heard from pro competitors that this is a common prob. with them and the HD series as well...

Currently debating on looking into some PSI recones for them or just getting rid of both...

I have had two of the HDS 15's over the past few months. I did not get to meter before one of the coils became unglued at around 75% output of what I USUALLY play them at lol (coil is still shiny and new looking in color) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Both subs were wired to the same amp, gains set with scope and sounded **** good for what it is considering the price as well. The coil suddenly getting unglued on one is what put me off though. Then I heard from pro competitors that this is a common prob. with them and the HD series as well...
Currently debating on looking into some PSI recones for them or just getting rid of both...
Mo! New amps are in soon buddy

how much power were you running to them?

that awesome, the subs sounded like it was pissed, but nice number none the less...i wonder what i could get of the trunk with HDS-15 on 3k? hmmmmm 

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

have you metered you trunk setup?
nah haven't metered. Gonna look into going to a local shop and seeing what I do.

I don't think skip01's score is a realistic expectation.
I'm sure the sub is capable of numbers, as is any other sub. Won't know until you try.
yea i wouldnt expect that out of mine anyway. plus its in a SUV, mine will be a car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.