Sound theory question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jason D

CarAudio.com Newbie
2014 honda pilot factory HU (no metra kit for this model)
8 channel audio control DSP DM-608

Rockford Fosgate P1675-S Fronts
Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Rears
powered by a Kicker 46CXA360.4T

Rockford fosgate R2D2 10" Subwoofer prime
powered by a 250 Watt RMS Rockford fosgate mono amp

This is my system that I have tuned for a month using REW and a mic. I am only a hobbyist and all self-taught from videos and reading. I am close to the end and I have 1 final thought. I would like to use the last 2 channels of my DSP for the most benefit. Should I: 1) turn my tweeters to active instead of using the built in crossovers that the p1675-s and retune to get a better sound stage. I do like my mids and highs though but aren't perfect with only 2 time delays instead of 4. 2) I have been thinking about wanting more mid bass in the car 80hz-250 hz and think adding two 8" mid bass speakers underneath each front seat with a shallow box might make the sound very complete. This is only theory of mine and wouldnt know what speakers might work and if this frequency is too directional and would hurt my sound stage. Anyways for all those sound enthusiasts out there, let me know what you like or hate about my build, where I went wrong or succeeded and how I can improve. Also, what you would do for the last 2 channels of your DSP if you were in my shoes. Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...