sound stage advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

flip99r

im new to this site and have heard very good things about it. so heres a question for everyone. whats the best way to get added midbass up front in addition to a kappa 5.25 cs? im thinking about the audiobahn amd60q midbass drivers but nobody i know has heard them. should i try these or no? also if anyone knows any mounting places for them in a 99 regal without cutting please let me know. and sorry this is getting long but throw me a few tips on good imaging as well. thanks :stuck:

Don't buy speakers without listening to them first.

A dedicated midbass driver is the way to go but if you don't want to go custom pods you need to search for something that will drop in.

Also remember you will need a bandpass x-over for them if you are going to run them active.

As for good imaging its all in the positioning and angling of your tweeters and mids, get them wrong and it will image bad.

Make up some temporary pods for them and play with possitioning of the mids till you get what you desire, tweeters you can use blutac to hold them in place and try different possitions.

What works in one car won't necessarily work in another

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.