sound splinter RL-p 15" or StereoIntegrity MAG D2 15" sub

Looking for SQ? You might wanna ditch your Class D amp then... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Having heard both, can't go wrong with the RL-p. TC Sounds makes some good woofers.

You wouldn't happen to know a dude named Robert Dennis would you? He lives in Menifee and has one of the better systems on this board. You should send him a msg -- Cam2XRunner -- is his handle.

Well how much do/did you want to spend on an amp?

If you got the 1200D for ridiculously cheap (which you probably did) you might as well keep it since it's a solid amp -- just Class D -- which isn't really MY taste.

I haven't bought the amp yet. I did buy an Orion 8004 to power the Dynaudio comps I'm buying, but the Orion 1200D I was going to buy next week. Give me a few ideas on amps that you think would power one sub better than the Orion and I'll look into them.

Yes SQ is with out a doubt most important to me. (though I want it to jump too.)

I want the option of running anywhere from 700 wrms to 1200 wrms. (something to play with)

Orion is a very good amp maker, course they are owned by Directed now but Directed put out a great amp as well.

money wise....well lets just say money really isn't a big deal but I have to justify the amount spent.

I haven't bought the amp yet. I did buy an Orion 8004 to power the Dynaudio comps I'm buying, but the Orion 1200D I was going to buy next week. Give me a few ideas on amps that you think would power one sub better than the Orion and I'll look into them.
The 1200D will be fine. Chances are VERY HIGH that you won't hear a difference, especially in subbass.

The audiophile crowd likes to think they can hear a difference between class A/B and class D.....and while I'm not going to tell them their ears are wrong....but yeah, you won't hear a difference. And if you want to prove otherwise....go win RC's amp challenge //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

But on the original topic......the simple answer is you can't go wrong with either of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.