sound quality

Participant count
  • Participant list

motoxstud
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Arizona
ya, it would be nice to invest good, but this is my first car, im 16.. is this gonna be good enough i guess is wat im asking... thanks

i was hoping to go buy my speakers at best buy or audio express.. maybe even ultimate electronics.. so thats y i was gonna go with those, but if i can get em better qualitty for cheaper, then maybe ill just get what u find me... thanks alot man

thanks alot for ur time... i really apreciate it.. i think instead of buying the bass blockers im gonna make my own with non polar capacitors from radio shack or wherever, what is ur suggestion on that?

thanks.. where were you on my post specific to bass blockers? lol stick around in case i have more questions.. ur really helpful lol thanks alot

well... the car is an 86 chevy chevette... dont laugh lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif and there is only one stock speaker location in the front.... its in the center of the dashboard so i have to find a place for them elsewhere, also whats ur opinion on this... i have really crappy quality speakers in the back just for now.. so should i get rear speakers first, or get my front ones like i wanna do... i have to do this in steps so i can afford it lol btw, whats ur aim screen name ill im you if i have any other questions in the future if u dotn mind of course... whew **takes a breath**

u have msn by any chance? LOL:D

so ur saying i should just get front speakers ditch the crappy rear ones i have, and just have front speakers and a sub and amp? and where can i read more about kick panels? i like doing my research b4 i buy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Dash speakers typically sound lame even if you get good ones, because the bottom of the dash is open. You get midrange and highs, but no midbass at all.

In most situations for a beginner it's simpler to try and put speakers in the doors than to do kick panels. If there's such a thing as a Chevette owners group on the web, you should find it and ask other folks who own one what they've done.

You can use a non-polarized cap as a bass-blocker (that's what they are, after all) but the selection of values is limited at Radio Shack. I found it simpler to just buy them from an audio place ike Cruthfield.com (I think even BestBuys and Circuit City have them).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.