Sound quality issue after jump start

Participant count
  • Participant list

radius360

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, hoping someone can help!

My car battery died recently after my car sat for a few days. After jump starting I began to have issues with the audio system. At first I had no sound at all through the right door speakers. I didn't get a chance to diagnose the problem at the time but the next day the sound from the right speakers came back. I assumed everything was back to normal but after listening for a bit I realized the overall sound was completely different. Not sure exactly how to describe it but where I was used to listening to an incredibly clean, detailed, wide soundstage I now had something that sounded like it was contained in a box. It still sounded clear and was still reproducing the low / high frequencies but somehow the soundstage was gone. Its like something ****** the life out of the music. My first thought would be something to do with the phase of the speakers but since nothing had changed in terms of connections and wiring how could that be the case? Before I have to rip the entire system apart I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. Does this sound like more of a speaker or amp issue? Is it possible for amp to slightly crap out? Or for a speaker to slightly blow? Or could it be something I hadn't even considered?

you prolly lost your settings when your battery died...retune
I wish it were as simple as that. Here's where it gets a little complicated. I'm not really using the cars head unit. I do have it connected via high level speaker output to the JL Cleansweep but I'm only using this connection for phone calls as this won't work with the external DAC. For music I'm running wireless BT to the DAC which is connected via line level to the Cleansweep. Since the settings on the amp and cleansweep are mechanical, not electronic, they couldn't have been changed by any power issues. All eq settings are contained in the DAC / iPhone app and I've confirmed they are exactly as I had them previously.

so whats the point in having the cleansweep if your not using your HU for music?? u should have just gotten a dsp with built in bluetooth.....i dunno, you need to be more specific on how your setup....edit : now i see just using clean sweep for phone calls, i think you made your setup more complicated than it had to be

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.