Sound of my bass.

jersbo
10+ year member

Alright, I have a problem... but not a big one.

For the most part my bass/subs produce a pretty decent sound, but there is a problem. When I turn up songs with a lot of bass, my subs begin to sound really weird.. It produces a bass sound but it's a real strange sounding bass, it mainly happens when I hit my lows and turn it up.... The sound is like a fluttery high sound. Another thing is that my subs don't really hit hard.

The reason for this my guess is because I was really cheap when I bought this system. I probably spent around 300$ for everything.

I got my subs and amp online off ebay, and both were brand new.

Subs: http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=BP1206

Amp: http://www.epinions.com/pr-Pioneer_GM-X862_Car_Audio_Amplifier

My questions are, could this sound and weak hits be happening because I have a bandpass box? Or are the subs just really bad? Or could it be because my amp isn't giving these subs enough power?

Thanks.

No offense, but my guess would be really bad subs in a poorly designed box. What is your lowpass set to?
lol, i didnt wanna go there. but i always hear "85 percent install, 10 percent product, and 5percent beer" comments. So i figured i'd guess with box since some people think almost anything can sound good depending on install

Haha none taken, I know they are pretty bad...

Right now the LPF on my amp is off, and on my deck (Pioneer DEH-P4400) I have believe my EQ-Low is set as +2. (-6 to +6) is the range.

Right now the LPF on my amp is off, and on my deck (Pioneer DEH-P4400) I have believe my EQ-Low is set as +2. (-6 to +6) is the range.

well turn it on your letting all the high frequencys rape your sub from producing beautiful bass

Does your CD player have a Lowpass filter (crossover)?? If it does, do you have it turned on and set to what frequency? Because in order to have the lowpass on the amp turned off, you need to using a lowpass somewhere else (like in the HU if it has one)

lol, i didnt wanna go there. but i always hear "85 percent install, 10 percent product, and 5percent beer" comments. So i figured i'd guess with box since some people think almost anything can sound good depending on install
Not directed necessarily to this thread, but as a wise man once said; You can't polish a turd //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

**Again, not directed at this thread or the thread started**

With my subwoofer output ,it is set at 80hz with +3 bass. (The options there are 50hz, 80hz, and 125hz and the bass settings range from -6 to +6)

Not directed necessarily to this thread, but as a wise man once said; You can't polish a turd //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
**Again, not directed at this thread or the thread started**
I guess you're right....oh well. i see you guys may have this situation under control. so good luck in getting your system right man

Yes and it is, I have messed around with my HU settings a lot. What I'll do for now is put on my LPF and just deal with it. It still sounds alright but not as good as others, and this summer I'll look into starting from scratch. I guess the saying "You get what you pay for." is very applicable in my case haha. Thanks for the help fellas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.