Sound Intermittent On & Off

ICErogerroger4

May I ask usually what shall be the cause of my ICE setup front door midwoofer having intermittent sound on & off?

Is it the characteristic of the amp starts to display problem?

I have checked all my rca connections between HU & amp, but they are securely tighten!

I am running on a partial active setup (with condensers or mini capacitors) of the following,

- 2units - 4ch FLI Audio FL900s-F2, for speakers

- 1unit - 4ch ARC Audio XXK4150, for speakers

- 1unit - 2ch AMPLE Exonic EX280, for an 6.5" Bazooka DVC bass tube

- 1pair - ELAC 6.5" midwoofer (***front door & this is the one having intermittent sound on/off!)

- 1pair - Hi-Vi Swan 4" planar ribbon round tweeters (A-pillar)

- 1pair - JAMO 2" silk dome tweeters (A-pillar)

- 1pair - ONKYO 2" midrange (A-pillar)

- 1pair - MISSION 6.5" midwoofer (rear door)

- 1pc - Hi-Vi Swan 6" planar ribbon square mid-tweeter (front center)

So, mine is a bit of a complicated half active setup system!

I am suspecting the ARC Audio amp (very sad!!) is the 4ch amp that's having problem to the ELAC & a pair of the tweeters but I have yet to determine which pair of tweeters yet!

If confirmed it is the ARC Audio amp giving problem, what can I do, replace or repair it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrrggghhhhh tested & confirmed the legendary Arc is the cause of no sound but has light!

Few days back my elac & tweeters sympton were on & off sound on & off, have checked all rca connections from HU to amp & v.v. but it's this Arc!

Any advice to me please?

Well, i've just replaced my soundless 4ch ARC with a Zapco i2100 while waiting for my 2ch PG rsd to arrive to restore back my system setup!

Now my next question is the Zapco i-force i-2100 is a good range amp?

Next is there any buyer for my soundless, 4ch ARC Audio XXK4150, could be an easy fix?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.