Sound getting quieter after running for a while

Participant count
  • Participant list

turbobricknick

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all,

I just put a "new" sound system in my '92 Volvo 240. I'm running a Dual XDM6350 head unit, Sony 6.5's in the doors, and Pioneer 6x9's in the rear deck. Everything seems fine with the car in accessory mode and the speakers sound great. Once I start driving and have been going for about 10 minutes, the sound will randomly get really quiet and then come back. It normally happens when the song has a lot of bass. At first I thought my power wire was too small so I put a larger one in but no luck. This seems like an amplifier issue to me but would love to hear some other ideas.

Thanks!
Nick

some other ideas
It sounds like your alternator is having trouble keeping up with the extra load. When the car is on, it uses more energy than when off. A '92 Volvo I figure would have an 80-100a alternator. That should be enough to handle the car's system and an 800 watts stereo. Try bridging a 4awg wire from the engine block to the shock tower. Make sure you scrape to bare metal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...