Sound from sub when cd's loading

Participant count
  • Participant list

PESteele
10+ year member

I wang on an 8 in a van
annapolis
whenever i put a cd in i can hear clunking from my subs. Also i still got a little static in the speakers. I tried regrounding the hu but when i disconnected the ground wire the unit still turned on. I dont understand. Could this have something to do with the fact that there is no ground wire on the factory harness?

i check all connections and the hu ground is run straight to the battery. Any idea how it could still play without it grounded?

The vehicles chasis IS the ground. A chasis point that provides the least amount of resistance is your best possible ground.

The larger the gauge wire the less resistance. The chasis is equivalant to a VERYlarge gauge wire. The ground terminal on the battery is limited to the wire connected to the chasis and that part of the chasis.

This is why we don't hook the NEG of our amps to the battery and seek a proper chasis point.

Your CD player simply has a very bad ground. Find a good spot in the dash with a screw and attach to that. Make sure all the paint is scraped away to bare metal. Paint prevents a good connection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.