sound deadening ? what brand

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sup guys. Im looking to improve on my sound , but i dont wanna spend to much on cleaning these doors up. What do you guys use instead of dynamat. I just need it to do its job and not fail under summer heat. Average summer day here is about 85-95 so in th car it prob hits 120 . Basically wanna do it as cheap as possible while nit getting anything that will fail. Heard seal and peak smells and fails under heat since its not made for vertical installation.

Have components on front doors and 6.5 coax on rear doors.

What's the stuff you guys use?

Thanks. Stinger is cheaper then that other stuff and has good reviews. ..... What else do you guys do to improve sound quality coming from doors? Besides deadening?

Thanks. Stinger is cheaper then that other stuff and has good reviews. ..... What else do you guys do to improve sound quality coming from doors? Besides deadening?
http://www.513electronics.com/easy-way-electronics-blog/make-your-speakers-sound-better-with-insulation-sound-damping-part-9/

there's steps 1-9 on that site, but start with #9 first. If you want even more details and reasons why to do any of this, look for keep_hope_alive's honda accord build thread on here stuff's great!

its not really sound deadening, more like making your door into a proper speaker enclosure and absorbing rear waves.

Another vote for Stinger Roadkill. I just finished treating my entire car with it. Easy to use, no odor, effective and inexpensive. Walmart.com has the 36sqft bulk pack for $95 w/free shipping. Pretty good deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.