sound deadening roller?

hawaiian5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Where can I buy it? I just got my 50 square feet of audiotechnix sound deadening and forgot to order the roller. I live in Hawaii so its not like we have these things around. Can i find it at regular stores like walmart home depot etc etc? Is it used for other things and probably under another name or description?. I was gonna buy a cooking roller. Lol

You might find something at michales craft store,or something like that..make sure its hard/not rubber.just make sure you clean the surface pretty clean..i used alcolhol and i also used a heat gun to make it stick better/form to the structure better,and did small sections at a time rather than 2ft pieces. worth it in the end.

Pretty sure I got mine at Home Depot in the wallpaper section, along with some really sharp scissors for cutting the mat. Way better than a knife.

I think its called a linoleum roller? I used my hands to apply it you get a little dirty and a few scratches but it worked out find. Just have to really push down on it and get all the air bubbles out

I just make sure the car is dry, wipe the dirt off with a damp rag and apply it in smaller hunks rather than one giant piece. I find it easier to apply that way and if you overlap them just a little youll get a more solid coverage. I usually apply it by hand like you would a vinyl then rake the back of a screw driver around the edges and across the middle once or twice. then use each end of the driver and my knuckles to see where the car still resonates.

Head to a home improvement or hardware store, look for what is called a laminate roller.

You'll find it near in either the cabinets/appliances department (used to applying laminate onto countertops), the millwork department where veneer would be located (for installation of veneer of course), or the wallcoverings department.

i've been using a smaller paint roller, with masking tape covering it the cardboard tube (that used to have foam on it). has worked great and is wider than the smaller ones that come with deadener.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.