sound deadening rear fill (pics)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr. Smiff
10+ year member

How much deader should I use for my rear fill speakers 4x6? I have a 2000 Silverado. I was going to just put some behind the speaker on the outer skin and cover some of the holes on the inner.

P7200142.jpg

P7200141.jpg

while it's apart, you may as well deaden the whole thing, and if you're feelin spunky pull out the seats, carpet, and headliner and do the entire truck. you'll notice a big difference doing the entire interior, especially with road noise. if you just do a little around the speaker, i doubt you'll notice any differenceat all. and if you plan on adding bass, definitely deaden the roof. chevy's are notorious for the roof flexing like hell when you put a significant amount of bass in there, and if you pull the headliner down and see how flimsy it actually is, you'll see why.

I plan on doing the whole floor and the front doors but I was wondering how much should I deaden the rear speakers since they are going to be playing at half volume?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.