Soon to Be

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well i went out today and purchased some wood for my sub enclosure, i paid pro rabbit to make me up a design.

this is my box:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/prorabbit/Designs/cbuts.png

ill be getting 2 Sa 12-s d4

Sundown Audio SA-12 600 watt sub woofer

and im running this amp

Rockford Fosgate® - T1500-1bd

right now i have a stock alt/bat. running 4 guage wire.

ill be upgrading to 0 guage, and also doing the big 3 with 0 guage.

but how well do you think this system is, and do you think ill be able to run it decent enough for now with the 4 guage til i can afford the 0 guage and big 3?

thanks

looks like a killer combo.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

and 4 will be fine for now that amp will do about 1800rms at 1 ohm so after all your wire and voltage loss probably looking at 1600. rms

thanks, think ill be able to run 1200 rms with no upgrades atm or no?

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

also, how much speaker wire will i need to wire them to 1 ohm + to amp? thanks

thanks, think ill be able to run 1200 rms with no upgrades atm or no? 

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

also, how much speaker wire will i need to wire them to 1 ohm + to amp? thanks

Depends on what kind of vehicle, and what your stock alt puts out I suppose. As far as speak wire goes, just estimate. You can never have enough speaker wire if you like messing around with postioning or VC wiring

The different between 4g OFC and some 1/0 CCA is a 100A handling difference, and roughly a $0.50 cost difference. Unless the prices have changed you can get 1/0 from Knu for $2 a foot, and it can handle 250A which supports 3k+

Knu CCA FTW.. Cheap and will support some good power and if u even wanna run more then just run 2 runs of cca and still end up cheaper then going with ofc plus with the 2 runs of cca u can run even more power then a single ofc 0awg can..

Well since you don't have everything yet, you should wait a bit longer and go with the bigger wire in the beginning. 1500 watts is a lot of power for your stock electrical and you really need to upgrade it first before you run your system so you don't drop below 12v and start damaging things.

Electrical is key here, BUT if you want to run it then fine but don't go crazy with the volume or gains for very long. Knu cca is good stuff. I'll be using shok myself for the rebuild but I love my knu cca wire.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

as long as im above 12 volts though ill be fine, no ?
Should be fine. Don't go full tilt yet though.

i just think id be fine to run them at a low gain for now until i do the upgrades?

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Electrical is key here, BUT if you want to run it then fine but don't go crazy with the volume or gains for very long. Knu cca is good stuff. I'll be using shok myself for the rebuild but I love my knu cca wire. 

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Should be fine. Don't go full tilt yet though.
thought so, thanks

i just cant afford the rest of the wire and what not at the moment, the subs cost me 500 with shipping to canada, and im prob gonna have to pay 70 for duty fees.

having a hard time finding 10g wire to wire them with too.

also how much would i need? to wire 2 12s in 1 ohm + to amp (2ft)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cbuts

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
cbuts
canada,ont
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date