sony xplode

humm, The sony headunits I know have a separate exit for the Subwoofer and its level control (inside the menu, next to the lights adjustment, the eq and all this garbage)... myabe your amp is connected to these exits, and the level is set on zero. Check it out

You have your amps RCA's plugged into the subwoofer pre-amp outputs instead of the rear or front pre amp outs right?

pull it out and check that but first,do you have your amps LPF set because if you do and you also have the LPF on the HU on you'll deff get muffled music.

Choose which LPF you want to use (amp's or HU's) which ever one you choose turn the other off if applicable....if the amp doesn't have the LPF Off function then turn it all the way up and use the HU's if you want to use the HU's LPF.

If you want to use the Amps LPF the turn the HU on and press menu until you see LPF and you should be able to change it from 80Hz to 120Hz and off....select off....set Amps LPF anywhere from 50-80Hz.

Also did you set your amps gains with the HU at it's max unclipped volume or did you not set the HU's volume high enough?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.