sony xplode

bannock
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i recently bought a 99 saturn sc1 with a sony xplode HU in it (model CDX-L510x). it had all the hook up for subs but when i hooked it up i didnt get thump, just quiet, muffled music comming from the sub. Is there a special setting in the HU to turn it on? or is there maybe something else I can look at? Fuses have been checked and it seems to be connected right ( going to pull out the HU to see whats going on in the back tomorrow when i have light).

Thanks in advance!

( going to pull out the HU to see whats going on in the back tomorrow when i have light).Thanks in advance!
Go ahead and just keep it out and invest in something better.

im with zthummer, but if you want a serious answer, my friend had the same problem, turned out his deck was low passed @ 80 and his amp was high passed @ 80 hz, just a thought

Geez people come on. The guy is on here asking for help, not an opinion of his stuff.

But like acold7dusta said, check your settings. Make sure that the crossover settings (if it has them) are set properly. And theCybe does bring up a point, Do you have an amp hooked up????

yeah i got an amp hooked up to it lol. i would replace it but the budget doesnt allow it ( i do have a kenwood but it gives me err 99 when i try to play a cd). how would i get in to check all those settings? i cant pull up a menu or anything.

the eq settings really **** on it....if i cant get it to work, what other HU's are decent in the 150-200 range ( yeah yeah, but im poor right now)

yeah i got an amp hooked up to it lol. i would replace it but the budget doesnt allow it ( i do have a kenwood but it gives me err 99 when i try to play a cd). how would i get in to check all those settings? i cant pull up a menu or anything.
wat pioneer deck, i got a manuel for mine, i think its the 3200?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.