Sony xplod Amp setup HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

oldschoolsk8ter

ny
Hey hows it going this is my first quwstion and it is regarding the sony xplod amp

MX-6001gxd it is 600w@2 ohms. The amp is as follows and my 2 subs i would like to hook them up in parralel.

AMP

+ - + -

Sub 1 Sub 2

+ - + -

If u could draw a diagram or maybe jsut tell me how i get the idea but i dont know if i use a positive lead fomr one side of the amp and a negative lead form the othere or just wore the two subs off of one side of the amp any help would be appreciated.

well it appears your running single voice coil subs....so if your wanting to run them in parallel do as follows

2 4ohm svc subs wired in parallel = 2ohm mono load

impspkpr.gif

now if your subs are dual voice coil wire as follows....

2 4ohm dvc subs wired in parallel = 1ohm mono load

spk3dvc3.gif

good luck

alright yeh i already had the 2 subs which are dvc wired in my box so they are now 2ohm subs i want to run them parallel i just need to know how to hook them up to my amp. AMPLIFIER setup one

a+ a- b+ b-

Do i connect the two leads off the subs one to a+ and also one to b- or

AMPLIFIER setup 2

a+ a - a+ a-

Do i connect one lead to a+ and the other to lead a-

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.