Sony Xplod 760watt 1902 + 12.1 Perfects.

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 608
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I have an '86 honda civic right now with a pioneer deh p4400 head unit and a pair of pioneer TS-G1647 6 1/2" spkrs.

I also have two 12" infinity kappa perfect subs and i was wondering of how good it will soudn with a sony xplod 760 watt amp. i dunt have a lot of money but i'm buying it from my friend for 100.

he only got it a month ago.

If you've already spent good money on the Perfects, then it makes sense to get a better and/or bigger amp. Not saying that sony is bad, but I believe you will be underpowering your subs by quite a bit.

The 760 i'm sure isn't a bad amp.But you might wanna try the sony d-class amp it is awsome and it only costs $200 or so.I have it and i was impressed.I'm taking it 2 the comps so i have faith in it.This amp runs 300w rms 4ohms,600w rms 2ohms,1000w rms 1ohm.Try it out i think you won't be disapointed.

yea cuz my friend is selling me his 760 so he can get this 6001gxd 1000 watt sony amp.

I'd go with what Mr Lowrider said, you'd only have to shell out an extra $100. Not exactly sure how that amp would match up with the Perfects cuz I can't really recall the specs. But, if you decide to go with the 760 it will sound alright. Make sure you set your gains right. I've seen several setups where people think it's alright to turn the gain all the way up. Then they ask me why they blew their subs when they were underpowering. Basically just make sure at the highest volume you will listen to your subs, that they are not distorting.

SONY has a bad rep but i went out and tried their one d-class amps and love it.Sometimes thats what you have to do.See it 2 believe it is alot better than word of mouth.I'm almost possitive people have bad stories about all car audio company's so...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.