Sony Xplod 754xs

Participant count
  • Participant list

wickedstick

I just bought a sony xplod amp from best buy and installed it myself. It worked perfectly for a few days then it snowed one night and since then the over current light is on. What would cause this light to come on? Should I take it back to best buy to get it repaired?

what sub(s) and how many are you driving with the xplod amp - give me specs including how many voice coils, ohms per VC, and how you have them wired.

I had 2 mtx 10's in a bandpass box 5000 thunder series, and 2 kenwood 4 way 6x9's hooked up to this amp. I had then wired up normally just to get the installation complete. The Subs went out due to a faulty RCA Cable. I was going to get a new set of cables that next day. As far as ohms per VC I have no Idea.

I had 2 mtx 10's in a bandpass box 5000 thunder series, and 2 kenwood 4 way 6x9's hooked up to this amp. I had then wired up normally just to get the installation complete. The Subs went out due to a faulty RCA Cable. I was going to get a new set of cables that next day. As far as ohms per VC I have no Idea.

sounds like you had the 6x9's and the two 10's each running in stereo at 4ohm? is this correct, or did you wire your subs in parallel? if so, that could have been harmful. you might want to think about taking it back and getting an exchange if you can.

Could the remote turn on cause the over current light to come on? Also.... I reconnected the remote, place the fuse in and the fuse blew right away. I disconnected the power cable and replaced the fuses. I'm running with the 60v fuses. Then it blew once I put the power cable back on and it blew the fuse again. Could it be a bad ground?

sounds to me like there is something wrong with the amp... just take it back to the store and tell them the problems you are having. best buy is pretty good about satisfying the customer (at least where i am from).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.