SONY Head Units?

ummmmmmmmmmmm.... alpine pioneer eclipse... only brands i trust... brands i dont trust... sony, jvc, panasonic. spending a few more bucks for an alpine or pioneer would be your best buy. but as far as sony is concerned... wait...can't...continue...typing...must...use...restroom...but hey, thats just my opinion on sony.

true, I was just referring to old school XPLOD models... guess i shoulda thought before i typed... my bad... :(but isnt that deck a bit pricey... like above 400?

wow...kinda speechless on that one. for that you could almost get a multimedia deck with an LCD display... but hey, its probally well worth the price if you're a serious competitor, which i'm not, so the only line in sony i'm really familiar with is XPLOD

lol every1 is prob like sony *****, but this will sound much better, like sum1 sed earlier in this thread is if it was all about looks audiobhan all the way

I like expsensive nice things. Not sony ****.
This is made perfectly clear from the '4-ways' in your signature.

Judging by your last few posts here, you're only here to piss people off. Keep it up, and you'll find a one way ticket in your PM box.

- Steve

i am not very trusting to sony either but in there head unit deparment they have stepped the game up a lil bit. Like the cdx-m8805x is ok for like ur old ladies car(girlfriend's). But I like the CDx-m9905x and the m9900 it has that g shock protection ( virtual impossible to make it skip). The ones I have named are the only ones that i would consider buy.

i am not very trusting to sony either but in there head unit deparment they have stepped the game up a lil bit. Like the cdx-m8805x is ok for like ur old ladies car(girlfriend's). But I like the CDx-m9905x and the m9900 it has that g shock protection ( virtual impossible to make it skip). The ones I have named are the only ones that i would consider buy.
Yeah I own the cdx-m9905x and its great.

I like this one...
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13713

I have heard some negative things about Sony HU's, are they ok? All the rave seems to be with Pioneer but some of the specs on the Sony products seem like you get more bang for the buck so to speak. I am looking for a HU with three sets of at least 4volt outputs. Once you set your eyes on 4volts or higher the prices really tend to go up but Sony seems to be the most attractive for punch.

Your opinions please?

Thanks.
I have the cdx-f7005X (same thing but has blue illumination. )It's great. I hooked it up to my stock speaker (1) and it sounds pretty good.(don't laugh) Actually I was amazed how good it sounded for an old crappy ford speaker from 1981. I will be buying more speakers in a while. It plays my MP3 files with no problems.

Actually some of the top end '04 Sony's are pretty nice......7band eq is weak though

Great S/N ratio.....My past experience with them is the same as Pioneer, something always breaks

my eclipse puts out nice calrity.......its an eclipse of course......i didnt think HU's made a big difference on SQ but my god. it had a sony deck in it before..i ripped it out though and put the eclipse in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.