Sony CDX-MP70

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sportster
10+ year member

Midwest
This new head unit looks killer and I've heard good things about it. I was originally going to buy a Alp 7998,but the $$ situations is such I need to downgrade. It's got a nice EQ setup,something I want. Anyone here have one? Opinions?

Think I'll be buying this headunit today. I checked it out yesterday and it is definately a sharp unit. Going to take a MP3 CD today and further check it.

Whoops, my bad. I was thinking of a totally different h/u. I like the one your going to get though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Experiences so far with the unit.......MP3 is working sporadically. Sometimes it will work and have occasional dips or cutoffs during songs. And sometimes it doesn't recognize the disc and says 'No Music',and I'll have to keep trying to load it. Regular CD's work fantastic. I'm using PNR CD'Rs and I'm going to be trying Memorex CD'R's and also Datalife CD'RW's. If it keeps acting up and playing the discs sporadically,it's headed back. I won't put up with that crap......it either plays MP3 discs or it doesn't...don't say it will and then it doesn't.......anyone else have sporadic problems with their players playing various MP3 discs,whatever make????

I have never had any problems with my MP3 capable decks. I have used many different brands of CD's and they all work. I would send your deck back and get a Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, Panasonic, Eclipse, etc. with the MP3 playback feature.

head unit that is not worth the money. by zaairio June 18, 2002

I bought this cd head unit for a reason: So that I would not have my music skip anymore, but guess what? this unit will probably handle bass vibration better than some other units, but not like sony claims it to do. Another bad thing about this unit is that, in my old head unit I was able to play my recorded cd's which in this unit I can not play at least 3 of them. Although you will love the 7 different colors of this unit, they are bright it looks like if you had a tv screen in your dash from far away. But if you want a cd head unit that can handle the bass of your vehicle "if you have a system like me" choose a different unit. This is my 2nd cd head unit from sony and the last one. I will not recommend sony or pioneer to any body. I have had some really bad experiences with this two brands. Thank you.

Just a review from a guy off Sounddomain. Does yours skip with heavy bass?

The Verbatim Datalife CDRW's are working great so far in it. I haven't heard it skip yet. It seems very solid. I'm going to try Memorex,if I can get NERO to quit making COASTERS with them!!! Test and burn....the test goes great...the burn errors out,twice now on me.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Yeah I use Memorex and havent had any problems with them. Glad to hear your deck isnt skipping...what subs are you running?

Only have the head unit in so far,nothing else. I'm waiting to get up the $$ for a JL 500/5 amp. I've already got a pair of Focal 165K2's for the doors and a pair of Alpine type E 10" subs w/ enclosure but neither are in yet; still stock. Probably get it all in first part of August.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.