Sony CDX-F7710 reviews?

bradford2nd

I was searching the site and didn't see if anyone owned/reviewd this headunit. If anyone has any input on this deck or anything, I would love to hear it. Right now it is a toss up between the Pioneer DEH-P8MP and this Sony deck. The sony deck seems like it has an awesome display, but I love all the options with the Pioneer.. Anyone got any suggestions???

go with the pioneer. much better quality unit. ive seen to many sonys go bad, either bye the face plate not going back on, motor function broke, or some other ******** that happened. ive seen 4 sonys go bad in teh past 3 yrs. so if u wanna go with a less quality deck go with sony, but the that pioner is a great deck. also loook into alpine and eclipse. its al about alpine for me. love feature and will never buy another sony deck. IMO

The sony deck seems like it has an awesome display, but I love all the options with the Pioneer
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

It seems that you are more concerned on looks than in sound to me.

I'm a Pioneer fan but I've owned Sony's in the past and they came up good, and sounded awesome.

If you liked the Sony you can't go wrong with it.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Thanks for all the input.. I allready ordered the pioneer.. I was pretty set on the pioneer all along, but just wanted to see what everyone thought about the sony. I have had a Sony back in the day, and it was total crap. I just wanted to see if they have gotten any better, but it doesn't sound like it has.

thanks again

BS sony is not garbage i love my sony got the same model your talking about clean install really nice reciever dont listen to them sony's are good reciever.. mines even got wet (i left my window down and it sill palays good as new..

Well, this past weekend the Pioneer DEH-P8MP arrived and I installed it. I upgraded from the 7600. I really like this deck alot so far. navigating the menu's is alot easier. I didn't set it up to push the 60 watts because I have outboard amps. I can tell a difference in the high voltage pre-amp outputs. The sounds is amazingly clean. EQ adjustments seems to be more detailed, I can really dial in what ever kind of sound I want. I think the only 'minor' thing I don't like about this deck is how small the time font is when you are playing a cd or listening to the radio. With the deck off, the font is HUGE. I would say that is pretty good if that is my only complaint.

I took some before and after pics of the installation, and I also snapped a few of my existing system/setup in my truck. So hopefully when I get some free time I will upload them so everyone can check it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.