Sonicelectronix.com Review? Could someone please help me out??

09Z
10+ year member

I have about $3000 to spend on a system for my car. I found sonic electronix about 2 months ago and have been trying to find some consistent reviews. However, I can't. I've heard that the quality of the product sold there great, and the exact same as anywhere else. And I've also heard that it is not good at all. Is this true? Will my subs from there not sound as good? or will my speakers not be as loud? Do they only get defected products from manufactures? I really want the best car audio that I can buy for the money, and they have incredible prices! Is it to good to be true though? I don't want to get scammed. Thanks!!!

Not a scam. Great place to do business. Same products as everywhere else. They aren't an authorized dealer for everything they sell though so they may not be able to offer a warranty.

$3k is a very healthy budget though. What are you looking to get? I wouldn't buy any of my sub stage from there. Maybe a HU and highs, but that's about it.

taylor fade had a great start get your substage from here in the classified or from a higher quality company.

as far as HU and highs go i think it would work however depending on your car if you get your HU/speakers from crutchfield.com they usually send you detailed instruction with free mounting hardware and wiring harnesses. i usually get my new HU's from them and have nothing but good things to say about them.

I ordered my HU from Sonic, a friend of mine has one almost identical to it, and I think they give pretty fair prices for the products they sell. Some more than others, but you get the point. Customer service is awesome, shipping is free on a lot of items, and they shipped it very quickly.

(Now if only I could get my car back to actually get my HU put in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif)

That's a nice budget. What are you looking to put in your car? I think when all said and done I'll be in the $2,000-2,500 range but I got a few good deals. If you stay patient and look around, you can save yourself some cash. I never bought anything from sonic but their prices are hard to beat. Good luck. I've had fun buying and researching.

great prices on most of the gear but as for subs and amps id go somewhere else. with a 3000 budget you can easily get a great substage and amp from here or any of the other forums. plenty of quallity subs get posted in the classifieds daily. just depends on where you wanna go with it. 10s 12s 18s etc....

Overpriced but customer service is good. If you ef your stuff up within the warranty period, they'll give you a refund in store credit but you'll have to pay shipping. They have some good deals on some head units but I wouldn't buy subs from them

Thanks for the answers guys! I own a Nissan 370z, so for subs I wanted to get the JL Audio Stealthbox. Does anybody have any recommendations for an amp to power them? I want the bass to hit really hard, but very clean. I was thinking the JL Audio HD 750/1, but I'm not sure.. And for speakers, I'm still undecided. I had Rockford Fosgate T2652's before and LOVED them, but does anybody know of any speakers that will be louder and clearer? I want to get the best that I can buy for my money.... And does anybody have any reviews for the Rockford Fosgate T3652's? Sonic has them for about $400 and that is a steal from their original price!!!

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Not a scam. Great place to do business. Same products as everywhere else. They aren't an authorized dealer for everything they sell though so they may not be able to offer a warranty.
$3k is a very healthy budget though. What are you looking to get? I wouldn't buy any of my sub stage from there. Maybe a HU and highs, but that's about it.

Thanks for the answers guys! I own a Nissan 370z, so for subs I wanted to get the JL Audio Stealthbox. Does anybody have any recommendations for an amp to power them? I want the bass to hit really hard, but very clean. I was thinking the JL Audio HD 750/1, but I'm not sure.. And for speakers, I'm still undecided. I had Rockford Fosgate T2652's before and LOVED them, but does anybody know of any speakers that will be louder and clearer? I want to get the best that I can buy for my money.... And does anybody have any reviews for the Rockford Fosgate T3652's? Sonic has them for about $400 and that is a steal from their original price!!!

I purchased my Infiniti Kappa's from them and got full manufacturer warranty. I ordered an alarm from them and immediately sent it back without opening the box. I was told wrong information about my refund and left negative feedback on Ebay. Then I was contacted by a guy in their customer service department that ended up giving me a full refund and a smoking deal on another piece of gear. I declined the discount and removed the negative feedback anyway and then they really went over the top offering me good deals for not holding them hostage over negative feedback.

Keep in mind if you return your gear you are out shipping back to them AND a 10% restocking fee, so if you do order make 100% sure it is what you want. Also like the others have said, they are not authorized with all of their products, and on items like Rockford Fosgate for example, they only offer a Sonic Electronics warranty. All in all I give them high marks and would not hesitate to buy from them again or recommend to others, just keep in mind buyers remorse will cost you return shipping AND a 10% restock fee.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.