some ideas please

Participant count
  • Participant list

nismboy6986
10+ year member

the **** technician
i've got 92 grand marquis that i want to modify. the ultimate goal would be a daily driver that you don't have to baby (don't give a **** if you eat, drink, smoke (green not brown that brown **** stinks) but still looks cool and has most of the grandpa image irradicated. the car is navy blue with blue leather interior thats cracked. right now i've got custom dual exhaust with flowmaster 40 series and sshh no cats.(ie it sounds nastier than most mustangs) i know i'm going to tint the tails black and i want to put the front end off a crown vic or later model grand marquis since i hate the front end on this model. It needs a paint job so when i get it painted the same color i want to get the side moldings and trim on the bumpers painted the same color as the car. I'm up in the air about changing the chrome trimming to a black chrome finish or just getting it replaced. For rims i'm thinking about 20's or 22's but i'm up in the air on chrome or black face/chrome lip. i would go with murauder wheels but they don't have any lip and since this is a rwd car i want dekembe (sp) mutumbo lips on the rims. I'm not sure about the bass section of the system. I want to try a reasonable sq system (since a lot of sq system in my opinion are overkill for a sound difference most people could give a donkey dick about) i had a idea of 4 of the eD 6.5 K series subwoofers in a ported box on top of that big hump in the back of the trunk but i don't think that would provide enough bass for a sql fiend just now trying to tone it down a lil for a car this size. another idea was 2 rlp 12's or 1 rlp-15 but i really want to try a non traditional approach to bass in this car. i kind of want to do a multitude of smaller woofers in the cabin then seal the trunk completely off since one of the challenges of getting good in cabin sql in cars like this and the caprice is that you got to pressurize the massize trunk also and all the metal in the rear deck and rear firewall blocking the bass from flowing in the cabin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.