Some general questions. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Participant count
  • Participant list

AkumaSG
10+ year member

Alright I've had my setup going for a few weeks now. I haven't pushed it real hard, but I'm going to mess around with it on my off day this week. First, whats the safest way going around that. Should I just increase the volume a notch at a time, after setting the eq/gain the way I want it? Also when I'm doing this what should I be looking for ( or rather listening for ) from my subs to know they've reached there limit? How far should the subs be pushing out from the box etc, etc. I'm pretty sure these are basic questions but this is my first install and I want to do it right. Going on, I know for sure I need a performance alternator, I'm about to pick up a 160 amp alternator to switch out with my current one. My question on that is this, is adding a 1 farad cap in addition to the new alt a benefit to me, or should I just go with the alt and see if a cap is needed later? Onto the next one, tomorrow I'm going to dynamat my entire trunk and where ever any other rattles are coming from. I know this'll take care of any unwanted noise someone can hear on the outside of the car, but what should I expect to hear a difference from inside the car, spl, quality? Final one, my current h/u has 2V preouts, the one I'm picking up next week (740MP) has 4V preouts, what is the difference, I've heard from people that the sound will be cleaner (less hissing etc.) and I've also heard more power (spl?), note this is not a big reason for the h/u change I'm just curious. I think thats it for now.

Thx in Advance,

AkumaSG

In general, it sounds like you know basically what you want. I'm not going to attempt to answer all of your questions, I'll let some of the other people do that, however I will telll you that dynomat isn't all it is made out to be. Don't get me wrong, it deads sound, but it doesn't always work the way you want it to and it's a B*tch to get off. I recommend the "bootleg" style of sound deading. Try foam, blankets anything soft that you don't have to spend money on. When you get all of the equip. let us know.

Alti

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.