factory chevy dual batteries/ non-diesel

Participant count
  • Participant list

buster
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a '98 chevy k1500 that I ordered from the factory with dual batteries. It has a 350 c.i. gasoline engine. I'm trying to figure out how the batteries charge and discharge. I found a part close to the fuse box that the wires for the second battery run through. Is this an isolator or what? No dealer or car audio shop seems to be able to tell me what it is or how it works. How much extra strain on the alt is an extra battery if nothing is drawing from it? Should I take it out if I don't need it? I never listen play system unless the engine is running. Any help would be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.