General build queries :)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gravs

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey team,

I am new here and not sure if this is even the right thread so I apologise if not. I am looking at installing a full audio system (fronts, rears and subs) in a 1996 Honda Civic EK3 Hatchback. The most experience I have is doing two sub woofers and two 6x9's which is all run off the head unit with no amps (except for the subs). For this setup, I would like to do 6.5" fronts, 6x9 inch rears and x2 12 inch subwoofers. The subs and speakers are all going to be pioneer, however I am unsure about how the wiring works for having two amplifiers. Do I need a head unit with more than 1 set of pre outs or can I just use splitters? Do I need distro blocks for the amplifiers power and ground? Any diagrams or links that show images would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
P.S I would like to run the subs off a monoblock amplifier and the speakers off an A/B class 4 channel amp to get the best sound quality possible :D

Hey team,

I am new here and not sure if this is even the right thread so I apologise if not. I am looking at installing a full audio system (fronts, rears and subs) in a 1996 Honda Civic EK3 Hatchback. The most experience I have is doing two sub woofers and two 6x9's which is all run off the head unit with no amps (except for the subs). For this setup, I would like to do 6.5" fronts, 6x9 inch rears and x2 12 inch subwoofers. The subs and speakers are all going to be pioneer, however I am unsure about how the wiring works for having two amplifiers. Do I need a head unit with more than 1 set of pre outs or can I just use splitters? Do I need distro blocks for the amplifiers power and ground? Any diagrams or links that show images would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
P.S I would like to run the subs off a monoblock amplifier and the speakers off an A/B class 4 channel amp to get the best sound quality possible :D
You will need distribution blocks for the amps I would run 0 gauge to the blocks and 4 gauge to the amps. For the head unit I would us one that has the 6 pre outs for the rcas to many splitters start to susceptible to distortion and whining.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...