Some advise please being ripped off i believe (

chriscyp75

Hi guys im new here but spent a good few hours trawling the forums last night

First of all let me say i live in Cyprus (the country not the state !) and audio equipment and installers is very limited here.

I am having a new install done on my 1997 Bmw 528i, I am looking for Sq over SPL so this is what i have been quoted.

New head unit Pioneer DEH - P 6000 UB

Front components Pioneer TS - E 136c 160w Kevlar

Rear components Pioneer TS - E 1796 220w Kevlar

Driving front and rears Boss audio Riot GT 880

Cut through rear seat to use rear arm rest as bass passthrough

Sub Boss audio W-107 Klash

Driving sub Boss audio C550 amp

1 Farrad Cap

Ok i know you are all going to go balistic here but those products are the only things within my budget. What is my budget will be your next question i can feel it already. Here is where it all goes wrong

price for this installed fuses, wire, mods to rear seat etc is 1900 Euros thats 2,645.47 USD a fortune i think but nothing comes cheap in this country.

As for the sub i dont think i am going to be happy with it, i dont want heaps of bass to be honest but i will probably get a JL Audio 10W6v2 to replace it later

Any ideas how this system will sound in terms of Sq

thanks in advance guys

Chris

Probably not $2.6K good thats for sure.

I can't remember but does your car have the trunk separated from the cabin by the gas tank and metal wall? If it does I would suggest sealing the trunk off with some sound dampener and going Infinite baffle with the sub in the deck.

Spend some more cash on the head unit and get the 880PRS so that you can tune it a lot more, that is the most important part of a budget SQ install.

You could save a ton by getting some used amps, check the classifieds.

Ditch the cap and get a bigger front battery + Big3.

Ditch the rear speakers and spent more on the fronts, perhaps a set of CDT's. If those go over budget the pioneers will do ok as long as you spend the time and effort to place them well.

(just my opinion)

( I have been wanting to try the new Fi IB3, perhaps you could try that and lets us know how it sounds?

no cap and dont get anything boss audio,if everything else is out of budget, wait till you can afford something better (almost anyhting is better)

you can also only get really good fronts (like previously posted) and forget about the rearfill but thats up to you... even though many people may disagree with me, depending on how your fron is setup, i think sometimes rear fill can help (although i dont have it)

and 2.5k american dollars is through the roof for that equipment, it'd almost be cheaper to fly somewhere to pick up the equipment and bring it back yourself lol

That is a horrible setup.

Don't they have anything better there to meet your budget?

If not, can't you online shop and have stuff delivered to you and then have them install it? Or better yet, read up on here and do it yourself, which you will gain expierence and the joy of doing it yourself when it is all setup.

Some good peeps here to help you out........for the most part.

Boss=junk, bottom of the barrel audio.

Pioneers are not bad, but would at least look into the Pioneer Premier 720c's if they have them.

There are plenty of budget stuff out there, just need to know what else they sell or if you are ok with buying online.

2,600 here in the states would be an amazing system.

Hi Guys thanks for the advise given already

Firstly the head unit is a temp measure i will be replacing this in the next 3 months with a Dvd player head unit.

Battery yes instead of the cap this is the first priorty but a 2 month order time so again the cap is a temp measure.

Seriously guys like i said the equipment you can get here is very limited no Polk, Fi even infinity !, also i am not a tech guy to say the least i am fine with anything mechanical but not electrical so geting the guy to even think about installing anything but his own rip off parts is out of the question.

What are they doing to my back seat ? well the soundproofing in a 528 is **** good so to get any sort of bass into the car i need a way for the air to get through, so a hole will be cut into the rear firewall where the centre armrest drops down to allow for some airflow into the cabin

I guessed this thread would get a few harsh opinions but at least i know i realy have thrown my cash down the drain now as the car is already in for the work doing (

My aim now is to bring in my own stuff bit by bit and try and install the bits i dont like myself

having lived in the uk for 26 years (well i am british actually) i knew i was being had over but with no other options hey ho !

anyone have anything decent to say about boss apart from bin ! Lol

Thx

Chris

i'd say..........

buy a nice radio NOW, buy all the wires NOW, the speakers and 4ch. amp....

....THEN

... for the time being you will have a nice sounding interior..... save up some more money, THEN buy your sub amp and sub....

comin from someone who used to buy cheap.... you're gonna lose a good amount of money if you do the same, then try to upgrade as you go

patience is a virtue

i'd say..........
buy a nice radio NOW, buy all the wires NOW, the speakers and 4ch. amp....

....THEN

... for the time being you will have a nice sounding interior..... save up some more money, THEN buy your sub amp and sub....

comin from someone who used to buy cheap.... you're gonna lose a good amount of money if you do the same, then try to upgrade as you go

patience is a virtue
Agreed.

My biggest regret, is not doing it right the first time.

great advise guys problem is i have already paid half up front and the car is in for install now, guess this will be a do things twice job !

hey ho at least i am in solid emolyment so its not the end of the world

so from the junk that is currently getting installed what would you replace first (forget h/u thats already on the list )

thx

Seriously what is so bad with the pioneers ?

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/archive/TS-E136C/index.html

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/TS-E1796/index.html

ok thanks for that but only problem is nobody ships to cyprus i mean online i guess i will have to pay loads to get things sent out here ?

i will have to go ahead with then install now and decide what to do i mean i hope to be able to keep at least 1 of the boss amps and perhaps replace the one driving the componants with a better quality one ?

second is the sub i have been looking at a JL 10W 7 they are only about $650 dollars thats about 400 euros for me and well within reach money wise the problem is the shipping costs !

thx

The pioneers as I said are fine if you position them well, you can get a better front set, but not for near the price of the pioneers.

You will most likely be unhappy with the sub stage, for that car cutting the rear wall isn't going to be enough to get it sounding good. The first upgrade should be replace the cap with a better bat, then get some sound dampening and get rid of any rattles, then maybe some kick panel boxes and dash/pillar pods for the tweets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.