some advise for ya all

Originally posted by Larrydehp920r YO ZANE !! What dept. would I find this mat'l in ?? I assume it comes in sheets....What is its original intended purpose.? This sounds like a great idea so if you could answer me these questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx

Larry

:p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Here the high temp mastic is found in the Roofing Department. Basically one of this materials designed uses is to be an underlayment along valleys and the bottom edge of roofs. It has great water resistant and sound deadening properties- which makes it an all arround excellent choice to carry over into the car audio install scene.

take it easy,

-zane

Originally posted by taylor hey Ricky Nichols, a speakers impedance never changes, only the amps impedance changes, if your making your amp see a 2 ohm load and it is 2 ohm stable all the better, your amp prolly puts out more power at 2 ohms, if it's not then it will either shutoff and go into protection mode, catch on fire or fry....
I just want to set it strait that this post is wrong. AMPs don't have impeadance[not of any value] speakers do. AND a speakers impeadance CHANGES with freq. The 4 ohm, 2ohm rating thing is a nominal number

Originally posted by chris229 I just want to set it strait that this post is wrong. AMPs don't have impeadance[not of any value] speakers do. AND a speakers impeadance CHANGES with freq. The 4 ohm, 2ohm rating thing is a nominal number

amps do not have an impeadance but they do have a inpeadance that they are stable at.....and speakers impeadance changes due to the particular way you have them wired....such as a paralell configuration will cause the amp to see 1/2 the speakers nominal resestance and series will cause the amp to see 2x the speakers nominal resestance....hope that cleared that up a little....

im not sure about that part...ive never heard of the impeadeance changing w/ freq....i may be wrong but im not sure....maybe someone else could help clear this up.....thanks in advance....

yea it does. Thats why it's called "impeadance" and not "resistance" . Impeadance means it changes with respect to something which is freq.

http://www.chopshopracing.4t.com

aim = SuxMyVols

if you wantbump, then goto a IASCA comp. you well learn alot!!! that is what i did, my system i am puting togeter is just me copying someone who knows more than me. LOL. i went to a comp with a friend and the winner was a guy with Audiobahns. so that is what i bought. Im not saying that just cuz someone els won with the same set up that i well too. but i am happy with my set up and i have the loudest system out of the 5 nearest high schools. I BUMP to AC/DC!!! Thunderstruck.

hey, guy you killed the thread! I've come to ressurect it, haha. I installed a new HU and changer today, yay, more work to be done tommorow, box, amp, alarm setup, yada yada. Fun and games, love to caraudio.com!! Peace.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.