some advise for ya all

here's a obvious one..............

the rattle your vehicle makes when the bass hits (or any other time!!) DOESN"T sound cool, do some research and install some kind of damping. not only will it make the outside sound better, but will also make the inside sound better (keeping out road noise, etc)

and i second this............

4) Responsiblity- Not everybody wants to hear your system. You think you may be turning heads, when in fact your only turning them so they can get your vehicle description to report you. For every person that's impressed w/ your loud bass as you go by, I can guarantee there are more than 10x as many that are irritated. There is a time and place to boom, residential/business areas are not the place.
only it should be the first rule of car audio!

I have a question about bumping. After business hours (like 3-7) and on weekend or supenice days, is it okay to bump in like downtown areas aslong as ur not super loud? And what would u say is the best tyme to kill it?

J

As long as it is downtown and not in a by people homes I would say bump away..just not full throttle till dusk or 7pm depending on where you are at..Those are usually when I start to get irritated when I hear it over my TV or radio in the house when someone drives by..

Mike

Thanx. Does anybody else have any other iputs on this idea? Also would abody by anychance happen to have a faceplate adapter for a 1988 Chevy Corsica? i am getting my car back soon and want one for my cd HU.

J

listen mrray, the rattle MY trunk makes pisses the hell outta me, but I'm not spending any money/time on it. i'm just waiting for my car to die, and dont want to put anything into it that I cant take out! I'm sure others who come to this forumn feel the same way about their rides, so dont bash us.

Originally posted by budgetSQ listen mrray, the rattle MY trunk makes pisses the hell outta me, but I'm not spending any money/time on it. i'm just waiting for my car to die, and dont want to put anything into it that I cant take out! I'm sure others who come to this forumn feel the same way about their rides, so dont bash us.
budgetsq? i guess the sq stands for SQuecks and rattles? i wasn't trying to bash anyone, just trying to point out that the rattle will take away from the SQ of a vehicle and by using some kind of damping will help both inside and outside. waiting for it to die? put a bullet in it or better yet, use some of the money saved for stereo for damping or a new ride.

oh, since you're on a budget, you can buy undercoating at wal-mart for apx $7 a can. spray your trunck with a few cans and see what a difference it makes! for about $21 you can knock a lot of the rattle down!

Thats what I don't understand, people think they have to go out and spend a few hundred on dynamat, when they can just as easily go to Home Depot, Lowes, or even Walmart. Research is the key, your paying for the name, Dynamat, find out what it consists of and you can bet there is always a cheap alternative.

The Alternative is called High Temp Mastic. It should be available at any Home Depot or Menards store. It is a little more tricky to apply than the Dynamat, however, it costs pennies on the dollar in comparrison; and does the same thing.

take it easy,

-zane

If you know which areas the rattling is coming from try a can or two of spray expanding foam..just make sure you use it sparingly or you can bulge or buckle fenders and such.

Mike

woah guys. I dont believe in dynomat (tar on plastic) and I've already put 5 cans on my trunk lid! my tail lights and gas lid rattle. Not a heck of a lot to do about that. Doesn't sound too bad, but then again I dont really care. I know you dont have to spend $150 on a dyno trunk kit. I'm just saying that I'd MUCH rather put it towards a better amp, and then transfer it to my next car (whenever that will be.) I can put up with it for now.

If I could put a bullet in my car and be done with it, do you think I'd still be driving this **** car???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

anyways, just a post for people like me

I'm sorry to say this but can we not post "random" post(bumping is fine). Please post facts the pretain to the topic. And is there some way that some of these messages could be taken out? Also, i don't mean to be jerk, but please no questions. i meant for this to be educational, not saying that what ever has been posted now is not. thanx lata

This is acutally a reply to the post after this one. Mkeys, I understand that, i was just stating that, if at all possible, not to ask question but post facts. My whole intentions were to combine all the knowledge of the people who know a good amount of info and make it aviable to all new comers.

Actually Kid the question and the answers also contain valuable info.. Noise damping is a major issue for people whom love their music..and anything that can be gained from different perspectives never hurts when making decisions..IMO

Mike

YO ZANE !! What dept. would I find this mat'l in ?? I assume it comes in sheets....What is its original intended purpose.? This sounds like a great idea so if you could answer me these questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx

Larry

:p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.