• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 648
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

ok heres whats up,i went into my local autozone today to see if i can get my hands on high amp alternator, the guy says that my car has a 105amp alternator i think he was smokin crack!! cuz i got a little 900wt interfire amp thats only pushin out 200rms per channel{2channel amp} and he said no 1 makes a big alternator for my car? i need a bigger alternator due to the fact im getting the rockford1000.1 mon amp witch s gonna pound out some power and also it requiers a 100amp in line anl fuse i really dont think the guy knew what he was talking bout because why would a ford contour have a 105amp stock alternator in it? its more like 85-30 i think,my light and interier light dim when bass hits and i have a 1 farad cap hooked up{and yes i did charge it the right way} so any 1 that can help me out there?

he is right it is a 105 amp alt. take itout have it rewound to about 180 amps or 200 amps any good alt. shop should have the stuff to do it, then hook a bigger cap say a 5 farad or maybe two 2 farad caps to stregthen the electrical system, also take a good look at your batt, and batt. terminals.

O REALLY IT IS 105 AMP? WOW SOME 1 TOLD ME MORE LIKE 80-95AMPS

I GOT 1 MORE QUESTION 4 YA, I REALLY Cant afford to throw dow like 300 buck on a 5 farad cap, so..... can i WIRE 2 1 FARAD CAPS TOGATHER?

IF THIS HELPS I BOUGHT NEW BATTERY TERMINALS{ROCKFORD} AND A OPTIMA RED TOP BATTERY., do u know if like a pepboys or autozone would re wind up a alternator?

yeah wiring two caps together is cool, rule of thumb is 1 Farad per 1000 watts. I would take the alt. to a shop, pep-boys and autozone are mainly replacement parts. the red top battery is fine and the terminals are fine, make sure you rub large enough power and ground wires. keep me posted on how it shapes up, i will not have access to a compter after March 5th, due to orders to report to Ft Benning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.