Solo X Strapping

Participant count
  • Participant list
u would have to test with a dmm before u even hook it up.but if the sub is a dual vc then just run either vc to each amp and leave it at that. No strapping nessicery. make sure the amps ar showing the same voltage output per amp and also for the 12" solo x i would tune more around 70 than 80. but ever amp crossover is a lill different so just make sound as u like it. Make sure u adjust it while the amps are off and match adjustments to both amps.

Why not strap them using the kicker cable and eliminate the headache and potential hassle?

What is the VC config on the SoloX?

I would wait for polecat as a final opinion, or just call a kicker tech.

I would just put one KX1200.1 on each coil. You need to make sure you LEVEL MATCH THEM EXACTLY...or each coil will be receiving a different signal.

So, before you hook up the amps to the sub... use a DMM to level match the gains exactly. Also, make sure to have the HP the same...and no bass boost.

NG

I would just put one KX1200.1 on each coil. You need to make sure you LEVEL MATCH THEM EXACTLY...or each coil will be receiving a different signal.
So, before you hook up the amps to the sub... use a DMM to level match the gains exactly. Also, make sure to have the HP the same...and no bass boost.

NG
Thats what I thought and probably will do, I have a dmm and don't like bassboost, the HP will be set at about 80hz

Thats what I thought and probably will do, I have a dmm and don't like bassboost, the HP will be set at about 80hz
Yeah, make sure to set it on a tone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

NG

Yeah, make sure to set it on a tone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.
NG
yeah i have a test tone cd, one question, how do i know how many volts to run to each coil, say i want 1000 watts to each coil

is it 31.67 volts to each coil.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.