solid 2400rms at .5 under $300?

ThatChevyGuy
5,000+ posts

sue me, its a ford.
Georgia
i was gonna get two belvas but they arent strappable so that kinda made me look past them. My ideal amp would be a hifonics brz2400.1 i know those can do .5 daily with good electrical. What are some other options? ppi ba7000? Setup is still coming together but its either 4 qpower 15s in 10 cubes sealed or 4 audiopipe bd 12s in 9 cubes ported before displacements. havent made up my mind.

I am not a fan of hifonics at all. My wife car I had a 1600watt brx or whatever with extra battery in back and the amp went protect for no reason never to work again. Then just the other day my buddy had a 2400. Hifonics and it went up in smoke. Both cases were at 1ohm.

the brz are better than the brx. its a better built sq 2200.1 from what ive seen/read
That is depending on who you ask. That one guys infamous clamp and comparison was based on some books and his opinions. If you followed how that drama unfolded about the caps. What he said was contradicted by well known amp repair people and well respected manufacturers in the industry. It really is a matter of what you want to believe. Personally, I trust the people who build/repair or test and sell certain amps. My personal experience with the hifonics amps is mediocre at best. I had a brz that was ok at best but it went into protect after a couple months. It was replaced under warranty and the second amp kicked the first amps arse. I sold it and have no reason to believe it was not a good solid amp. Definately buy from a legit, authorized seller for warranty purposes. Pay the extra money for an authorized dealer and check with maxxsonics to make sure they are a dealer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.