Sold Amp.....Refund?

In the pic is the bass boost turned up all the way? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/plthumbsdown.gif.d7966af824c93c6021d1aae1778b1c19.gif

He txt a few min ago claiming he believed it was the amp. Says he has hooked another set of subs to it and had the same results. Then he reconnected his own amp and everythin played as it did before He atempted to install my amp. I have returned txt offering to go over the crossover networks and what they do if he wanted to try and adjust them instead of giving up. I am trying all I know to do to make this right.

It's obviously the power wire and settings we also dont even know what his deck looks like probably is a crappy 2v preout so you need to have the headunit or amplifier nearly all the way up to get proper loudness. Is he using Line Out on his headunit or Subwoofer? That would explain why the amplifiers arent putting out any power... I dont know just my 2 cents if hes a noob I wouldnt take it back.

He should have bought a 50,00,0000,0 watt soundstopowerbosstwick amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

With that wiring I wouldn't consider giving him the time of day for a refund. Knaimsayin?

The amp I got from him works fine. And honestly I think this is 100% user area. No I wouldn't issue a refund I would give him a walk through of install techniques but stupid is as stupid was.

Thanks Winky, it absolutely has to be user error. It was working fine when I packaged it up to ship and I just cannot see how it could have been damaged during shipping in such a way to only effect the amount of output. The wires are clearly inferior and it was admittidly hooked up wrong with the rcas. All this leads me to believe its his inexperience that is the problem here. I dont mean to degrade him or his ability in anyway and I have offered to help him with tuning the amp. We talked some today and he did make some adjustments to the lpf and subsonic but he said his other amp was still louder. I suggested he get better power wires and a dmm to test the impedence on his sub, since He said he had hooked it up just like "the picture" he found online to get a 2ohm load. At 2ohm my vfl amp should eat his 400rms rockford. I have video I shot of this amp bangin my xfls when I decided to sell it and I have pictures of the whole packing process. So I just dont know where we go from here. Earlier today I did offer him a refund if he shipped the amp back and it tested to be in the same working condition as it was when i shipped it but Im not so sure I wanna risk him or I loosing anymore money. I dont wanna be a d*ck but Im not shooting myself in the foot either.... Disappointing to say the least.

Wow som people just **** me off. You want to get serious wih car audio please just do some **** research first it's not hard at all.... Op this guy is not too **** bright screw the refund and tell him to google until he has some common sense and better wire what a joke

Sounds like you did everything you were supposed to lowlacs.He doesnt have something hooked up right.I'm runnin the 120.1 and it does very nice power.That 110 should be doin more to his subs than his old pos amp.Tell him he must upgrade other things and not just the amp...smh.Wouldnt refund though!

Tag him in the thread. He needs to see where his install is failing at.
I dont wanna embarrass anyone by tagging him in this thread but I will send him a link so that he can see everything thats been said. If he chooses to comment, great, if not he will atleast understand where Im coming from by not giving him a refund. The amp is was prolly my fav lil 2k powerhouse and he wanted it when he bought it and I dont see refunding it simply because he doesnt know how to PROPERLY use it. I hate to risk bad feedback but I suppose we all have to draw a line somewhere. Thanks to all of u guys for ur comments and helping me in my decision. Once again u guys rock!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.