Software equalizer for car head unit running Windows CE 5?

Participant count
  • Participant list

benro2

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Chinese single DIN head unit, running Windows CE 5.0, etc. except the built-in EQ's are really bad, just the basic Rock, Pop and Classical, plus Loudness and some other setting that basically adds more bass again.

The problem is, it's either really bass heavy or hardly has any bass whatsoever.

I plan on fitting a hardware EQ at some point in the future, but to tide me over, is it possible to somehow install a software EQ that will basically "capture" any sound the unit is putting out and EQ it?

I suspect the first problem would be installing the program, since my (and I guess most) head unit hides the "bare" Win CE interface, or the "desktop", if you like. About the only way I could do it is either obtain a particular button combo that allows me to install things, or do it via the GPS "path" setting - which I have already used to run a small program before - which would basically have to install the software into an auto-startup directory so that I don't have to keep on manually starting it up every time I power on the unit.

Any other ideas?

if you can get into windows. copy all the files. windows has registry. EQ is a program and has settings.

id ask around in hacking forums. to see if someone could make you a boot disk for windows CE to fit on a thumb drive or cd or sd cars. one of those should be set as boot device to load firmware...

search avic411 forums they might have some similar

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.