So pissed

doesn't hurt to find out if a replacement can be found before doing something that may result in destruction
Yea, that was my thought. There is always the possibility that trying to fix it could destroy it. However, even if I could "fix" it, it would have crinkles and stuff, so I am just going to replace it no matter what, should only be $30-$40 from looking.

So, I tried the tape method and it worked. You can tell the tweeter has crinkles still and there is a little teeny tiny tear/break in the aluminum, but for now it is definitely better. I will still be ordering a new tweeter for the speaker however. Hell, I am considering ordering 3 new tweeters and 2 new Kevlar mids and using them for my car, lol.

So, I tried the tape method and it worked. You can tell the tweeter has crinkles still and there is a little teeny tiny tear/break in the aluminum, but for now it is definitely better. I will still be ordering a new tweeter for the speaker however. Hell, I am considering ordering 3 new tweeters and 2 new Kevlar mids and using them for my car, lol.
Let's put it like this: no speaker's brilliance comes mostly from the drivers used //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Let's put it like this: no speaker's brilliance comes mostly from the drivers used //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Oh so true, lol. But the drivers do impart their sound to the speaker, however the crossover and the enclosure make the biggest difference.

I ordered a new diaphragm for the tweeter. $58.58 shipped to my door. I am definitely happy about that, I will have a new steeter basically.

Those drivers weren't designed with a free air environment in mind.

wtf anything with the B&W logo is pricey lol
Not really. You'd be surprised at how cheap the speakers themselves are, even in sets that cost over $1,000.

$30-$40 seems pretty reasonable for a new tweeter straight from the manufacturer.

img0726.jpg

I see screws on the woofer, but how do you get the tweeter out?

Remove user from ignore listbose301s This message is hidden because bose301s is on your ignore list.
but i saw some quotes, did this moron really say...

Anyway, does anyone know how to go about getting it fixed and how much that may cost? Any advice is appreciated.
and then when told to use a needle he says...

Its an aluminum dome so getting it back out is pretty much impossible, the whole tweeter will have to be replaced.
if you aready knew the answer why did you even ask? no wonder i have you on ignore you're a fish eating sperm sucker

Those drivers weren't designed with a free air environment in mind.
Yea, it was a joke, I know that they are designed specifically for use in a cabinet.

I did get the new diaphragm, all I had to do was remove the Kevlar woofer by taking out the allen screws then reaching up to the tweeter and turning it which frees it. Once that was done it was really easy to do, the whole process form start to finish took less than 5 minutes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.