So, Im kinda in the market for a new HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

bdawson72
5,000+ posts

Finally Has Bass Again
I currently have a Eclipse cd8445 and I do love it. The problem is that when I had previous setup in the track selection button would "oscillate" during long periods of bass causing it to possibly skip tracks.

I figure that this setup will be significantly louder than the last one so I'm looking around.

I'd like something that has mainly the same features as my 8445. But also has a very adjustable subwoofer control (ex. My 8445 went from -6 to 6). I did kinda like the fact that the 8445 has an 8v preouts. But that really doesn't mean too much.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

have you looked at pioneers lineup? I know the p6800/ premier p680mp has some really nice features, and the 680mp has 4v pre-outs. With that hu you have a pretty good amount of tuning capability with the eq's and such. It alone can control an active setup. They can be had for pretty cheap as well. I dont think you would have a problem with it skipping tracks, the knob that you would use on the hu itself isn't the easiest to push. I currently own the 680mp, and am happy with its performance.

then look into the 680. it should be alot cheaper than the 880, and you dont have to go active, it just has the processing there for it. The 880 has a ton more processing options than the 680. I really like my 680, dunno why, it just looks really plain and simple i guess. I like the fact that all the buttons are on the left side except for the eject button. That lets the display be the focus, and not a bunch of stupid buttons.

no, kenwood or eclipse guys have chimed in either

im disapointed
the eclipse cd7k is awesome. happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

but seriously they are freakin awesome. i have it at active mode and it sounds awesome the display is awesome too. very easy to use.

the eclipse cd7k is awesome. happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
but seriously they are freakin awesome. i have it at active mode and it sounds awesome the display is awesome too. very easy to use.
My 8445's subwoofer control is the non-fader

What range does yours go to?

And

Is the subwoofer able to be turned off?

My 8445's subwoofer control is the non-fader
What range does yours go to?

And

Is the subwoofer able to be turned off?
i dont remember i never use the subwoofer control much and i havent had it for a month. but it is a non fader too, i get it back tomorrow ill let you know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.