So I recently purchased a PSI Re-coned Ascendant Audio Havoc..

I recently made the purchase of a 12 inch PSI reconed aa havoc (1st model im assuming) and i got it for $150 with a tiny ported prefab box. I did some research and found that these things can handle around 1250 rms but that is the newer version of the sub. I couldn't find much info about the model i may have now. My question is, since PSI re-coned it, can it handle a little more than 1250? I'm currently running it on a soundstream ta1.2000d and dont wanna blow the little sucker before i can get it in the box it deserves. Even in the tiny box, this thing still moves quite a bit of air. The guy I bought it from got it from another guy who used it and abused it apparently and he had it running on a modded mtx 1501d (which i could have bought but a .5ohm load is too much for my electrical right now). Any way i can really find out the rms wattage or GOOD guess? And any way to find out box specifications with examining the sub or should i go based on the newer havoc suggestions and go from there?

ONly way would be to back track through the owners to the one who had PSI recone it. They would have the information of what he wanted done to it ability wise. I would say it should be fine with the 1250 no problem as I don't see many reasons to put lesser parts into it.

I recently made the purchase of a 12 inch PSI reconed aa havoc (1st model im assuming) and i got it for $150 with a tiny ported prefab box. I did some research and found that these things can handle around 1250 rms but that is the newer version of the sub. I couldn't find much info about the model i may have now. My question is, since PSI re-coned it, can it handle a little more than 1250? I'm currently running it on a soundstream ta1.2000d and dont wanna blow the little sucker before i can get it in the box it deserves. Even in the tiny box, this thing still moves quite a bit of air. The guy I bought it from got it from another guy who used it and abused it apparently and he had it running on a modded mtx 1501d (which i could have bought but a .5ohm load is too much for my electrical right now). Any way i can really find out the rms wattage or GOOD guess? And any way to find out box specifications with examining the sub or should i go based on the newer havoc suggestions and go from there?

Lucky for you. I know who reconed that sub.

I got that sub in a trade from the guy who had it reconed, then I sold it to a kid named "Cody" that lives in clarksville. I'm assuming that's who you got it from. Or one of his facebook friends local around here. Has direct leads, sq basket, ?

Do me a favor, look for a sticker on the side of the motor, it did have one. It should say the impedance and RMS. I think it's "D1, 1200", or 1250 or something

lol thats kinda crazy but im more than sure this is the one because the guy told me it was dropped to 1ohm for sure but i have not pulled it out the box yet. Been kinda cold lately and dont really feel like doing much in the car...any recommendations on box size? would be great if you could help out

Lucky for you. I know who reconed that sub.
I got that sub in a trade from the guy who had it reconed, then I sold it to a kid named "Cody" that lives in clarksville. I'm assuming that's who you got it from. Or one of his facebook friends local around here. Has direct leads, sq basket, ?

Do me a favor, look for a sticker on the side of the motor, it did have one. It should say the impedance and RMS. I think it's "D1, 1200", or 1250 or something

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.