So I just ordered 4 of these...

Picked up my 12s today. Stood in line in the online pickup area for a good 10-15mins before anything happened. The guy ahead of me walked away so I walked up to the desk, saw the store phone and dept call list on the wall so I picked up the phone and called the store manager and explained that I was a customer using their phone because I was one of 3 people in line for 15mins without any help. I could hear the manager in person as if they were just around the corner, 10sec later the doors pop open and 2 managers come out and start helping people. By then the line was 6 deep lmao. #noshame

Anyway I think these would be great candidates for the $150 spl challenge if anyone is still trying to do that lol.

Been a lot going on lately including my wife's mother passing as well as a boat load of other stuff. but, things are beginning to simmer down and I should soon have a box built for my four 8's. Putting them in 3 cubes tuned to 35hz. Will be using a pvc port that will be 6" x 16" long. Will report back soon, I hope!

Lol I removed the back seats in my crew cab ram 1500 and the box is pretty much taking up the entire back of my cab. We're only about 12 inches shy of this being a wall
waiting for pics..that buck sure can design a box huh?

Box is roughly 3 cubes tuned to 35hz. Just wanted to throw something together quick so I can demo these subs.

Will be using a powerbass atm600.1. Amp is 600@1ohm(has three 30 amp fuses)

Lemme show you my 8"...
ilSP2Ko.jpg

That is a beast of a box and a beast of a sub.

Box is roughly 3 cubes tuned to 35hz. Just wanted to throw something together quick so I can demo these subs. Will be using a powerbass atm600.1. Amp is 600@1ohm(has three 30 amp fuses)
Looks good. If you want to clean up the mounting holes you can use a rotary rasp that goes in a drill. They are very handy for cleaning up a jigsaw cut just be careful because they can take off too much if you aren't being careful. https://www.harborfreight.com/high-carbon-steel-rotary-rasp-set-5-pc-62693.html

the 12's have shot up to $42.84. i guess 12's are popular so they drove up price point. i am tempted to do 2 8's for no good reason but shear curiousity. wonder how 2 would do in a small ported enclosure tuned between 35-40hz.

Been busy.... but finally got around to doing standard ported on my 8.

Holy *****, this 13$ 8 on 120w is flexing my roof. Specs showed that these would heavily favor ported or 6th. And the 4th i did, clearly limited this driver. I'll try and get a video up tmrw. Im shocked out the output, considering its wired on the rear of my Crossfire 60.4

Box is 0.8cu at 34hz with about 14^2. It plays high 20s no problem. I think ideally this driver would sound awesome in 0.65-0.75 ported. 0.8 is a little heavy on the low end. It hammers everything from about 28-45hz, then tapers off. On the ear, seems like its peaking between 36-38hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from