So I just ordered 4 of these...

Just ran one of my first four 12’s sealed on about 200 Watts and I can say that the 12’s are quite a bit stiffer than the 8’s are. Wasn’t getting a whole lot of movement but the suspension definitely has the room for more excursion, it just needs to soften up a bit. It didn’t sound bad at all just stiffer than I’d expect for a sub in this power range. It’s for sure worth the 14.54 I paid and even the 25 dollars plus they are now. It’s definitely an excellent value. Probably in a similar class as a Polk dB series or other comparable mainstream subwoofer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was finally able to get the 8 into my truck today. I am more than happy with its performance. It’s in a less than ideal enclosure that is down firing under the back seat of my pickup that specs out at .5 cubic feet tuned to 37hz with a port that’s a bit too small but it still sounds pretty good and has surprisingly good output. I’d love to hear a pair of these in a proper enclosure. Unbeatable value at 13 bucks a piece IMO. Takes very little power to get these things going. My Type R 8 will take four times as much power as one of these little Blaupunkts but it definitely isn’t four times as loud. I’m going to run this little guy for a while to see how it holds up long term but I have to say I’m surprised it sounds good enough for me to consider keeping it in there when I have superior drivers on the shelf. I have three more on the way and I may just do a box for four of them to toss in the back to see what they can do.

I wonder if i could get 20 or 30 of them, make a huge box, and put them on a taramps bass 12k and see what happens
Youd get that 150 youre looking for. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Going to try a build for the four 8’s I have. Going to try 3 cubes@35hz for the four. Can anyone help with box plans? Want to use an aero port. Maybe this can be a start in finding out what these subs will like.

Anyone looked at how 2 of the 8's would do in home theater towers?
If you tune them low there will be a consequence of high group delay because of the high fs. They will work in home theatre setups but you will have to decide if you want to trade off high group delay for low end extension or vice versa.

Going to try a build for the four 8’s I have. Going to try 3 cubes@35hz for the four. Can anyone help with box plans? Want to use an aero port. Maybe this can be a start in finding out what these subs will like.
I can help with dimensions but I can't draw up a pic unless you want it hand drawn lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from