So how'd I do?

Your really 18? Hell your doing better than Grandmps on here.
I did have some of help from my dad but he's never built a box either. To be completely honest though, it's not really that complicated. It's basic wood work unless you want to some crazy *** port configuration on the inside. The hardest part for us was the sheer weight of the MDF after everything started to come together. It took almost all of our strength to get that ****** into the back of my pathfinder once it was complete, and that was BEFORE we put that 50 pound sub in (estimating). Almost all of it is double stacked 1/2'' glued together. The only reason we did this is because we didn't realize 1/2'' wasn't going to cut it lol. The baffle and inside port pieces are 3/4'' though.

Your really 18? Hell your doing better than Grandmps on here. Who is still deciding on subs and making threads. Anywho, that sub position can be fixed. Just cut up an exact diameter of the mounting depth, grab some glue/caulking and smear that **** around the outside diameter of the piece and place 'er on top. Before that tho, get a few pieces of scrap wood and make them say 4" long by 2" wide and screw 1/2" of the length under the mounting depth cutout of the enclosure. Maybe the entire length of the hole, like 15" long or so prob wouldn't hurt. Anyway, just an idea for ya if you get bored one day and wanna try it out w/o spending a dime.
Do you approve of that Rockford? I almost bought an AudioPipe APCL15001D but at the very last minute a friend of mine recommended the Rockford. It seems to be doing fine. It lets the sub shake the car for like 30min before it even show sighs of heat.

Do you approve of that Rockford? I almost bought an AudioPipe APCL15001D but at the very last minute a friend of mine recommended the Rockford. It seems to be doing fine. It lets the sub shake the car for like 30min before it even show sighs of heat.
rockford makes great amps, they're usually underrated meaning they put out more power than the box states. only other thing id recommend is a cab 1600.1 but it might sound exactly the same so you need a 2-3k before you notice a real difference but your sub cant handle that.

The baffle and inside port pieces are 3/4'' though.
it's usually a good idea to have the baffle be one of the thicker pieces on the enclosure but you wont have any problems as long as its glued properly

I did have some of help from my dad but he's never built a box either. To be completely honest though, it's not really that complicated. It's basic wood work unless you want to some crazy *** port configuration on the inside. The hardest part for us was the sheer weight of the MDF after everything started to come together. It took almost all of our strength to get that ****** into the back of my pathfinder once it was complete, and that was BEFORE we put that 50 pound sub in (estimating). Almost all of it is double stacked 1/2'' glued together. The only reason we did this is because we didn't realize 1/2'' wasn't going to cut it lol. The baffle and inside port pieces are 3/4'' though.
Nowadays people don't even know how to replace a tire. But I ended doing all my enclosure after the ridiculous quote to have one done. I made 3 boxes before coming near the $300 quote and I got some tool out of it. This is some of the box I made for difference setup I've done. And Im making a 4th order soon not 100%

Nowadays people don't even know how to replace a tire. But I ended doing all my enclosure after the ridiculous quote to have one done. I made 3 boxes before coming near the $300 quote and I got some tool out of it. This is some of the box I made for difference setup I've done. And Im making a 4th order soon not 100%
Looks awesome! Those all your builds?

Yup the box for the 2 12 made of birth ply wood were for 2 12 dss ethos did 149.2db you can see the box here

The box with the port in the arm rest is in my girl car with 2 12 old school Memphis mojo and the other box is in my car with a ds18 80lb beast hooligan but I'm gonna do 2 15s ds18 exl 15 but I'm. It set on plans

Your really 18? Hell your doing better than Grandmps on here. Who is still deciding on subs and making threads. Anywho, that sub position can be fixed. Just cut up an exact diameter of the mounting depth, grab some glue/caulking and smear that **** around the outside diameter of the piece and place 'er on top. Before that tho, get a few pieces of scrap wood and make them say 4" long by 2" wide and screw 1/2" of the length under the mounting depth cutout of the enclosure. Maybe the entire length of the hole, like 15" long or so prob wouldn't hurt. Anyway, just an idea for ya if you get bored one day and wanna try it out w/o spending a dime.
i have not ask anything about buying subs.. i posted for friends truck and cab amp twice and yesterday i was tell peeps about a sell u j*ckass..

i have not ask anything about buying subs.. i posted for friends truck and cab amp twice and yesterday i was tell peeps about a sell u j*ckass..
Yeah well this youngin' built an enclosure. No matter how many times we've helped you, you still come up with every excuse in the book to NOT cut any wood. You can call me every name in the book but it's really on you that can't even help yourself.

Yeah well this youngin' built an enclosure. No matter how many times we've helped you, you still come up with every excuse in the book to NOT cut any wood. You can call me every name in the book but it's really on you that can't even help yourself.
Well I alway say it better to go and get a custom box even if your not making it. But beside gramps that I don't know well. There many other who does the same. They loose out. I can say from experience with only a circular saw, router and straight edge I made those boxes. It took 5hrs to build. I mean rough cutting and routering the edges took forever because I use factory edges to line up and drew on to router it. It came out nice with lack of tools. I just bought a table saw. Shouldn't take longer then 2hr now. But tools are bit pricey. And from the looks from it he seem cheap

Well I alway say it better to go and get a custom box even if your not making it. But beside gramps that I don't know well. There many other who does the same. They loose out. I can say from experience with only a circular saw, router and straight edge I made those boxes. It took 5hrs to build. I mean rough cutting and routering the edges took forever because I use factory edges to line up and drew on to router it. It came out nice with lack of tools. I just bought a table saw. Shouldn't take longer then 2hr now. But tools are bit pricey. And from the looks from it he seem cheap
Even custom made enclosures can be costly....depending upon how big, for how many subs, etc. A 4x8 piece of wood and if one is good at building stuff and has tools, I'd say go for it. Cheaper than having one built. That avatar I actually cut the pieces with my jigsaw....they were too big for my table saw. I'm done with MDF....been using it for years. I've recently switched over to birch. Yeah it's more expensive but dam lighter than MDF and just as strong. Those enclosures above you built look great.

As for gramps....he's been helped on here numerous times. Can't tell ya how many times people have broken down and helped him how to build a box. Really, it's up to him. We cannot make him do it. But just one excuse after another is what gets to people. Even Jeffdachef has gone out of his way to help him out the most. It's very frustrating when someone doesn't wanna take the chance in life in fear of failing...or want things done for them. I dunno. I quit helping him long ago. I can only take so much patience.

Even custom made enclosures can be costly....depending upon how big, for how many subs, etc. A 4x8 piece of wood and if one is good at building stuff and has tools, I'd say go for it. Cheaper than having one built. That avatar I actually cut the pieces with my jigsaw....they were too big for my table saw. I'm done with MDF....been using it for years. I've recently switched over to birch. Yeah it's more expensive but dam lighter than MDF and just as strong. Those enclosures above you built look great.
As for gramps....he's been helped on here numerous times. Can't tell ya how many times people have broken down and helped him how to build a box. Really, it's up to him. We cannot make him do it. But just one excuse after another is what gets to people. Even Jeffdachef has gone out of his way to help him out the most. It's very frustrating when someone doesn't wanna take the chance in life in fear of failing...or want things done for them. I dunno. I quit helping him long ago. I can only take so much patience.
Both ply wood is great and easy on the saw but I always have issue with them being warped. And I totally agree with you. I'm in a lot of hobby and I'm big at diy. And while one fixing a car for someone. I noticed his intake hose rotted and broken. I asked him if he had issue with idle or check engine light and he said no. Then mentioned when he starts up the engine is reving high. Well he want to buy out of a junk yard the part, which is 20yr old for $10 buck while I was telling him I can get it for $12 be shipped and mind you I was replacing a used starter that he paid $60 while I get those new for $70. I could help this guy at all so I understand. Funny thing is I found a wiring harness for his other car coil pack that is all mangled up for $38 shipped off another car and he said no and was quoted $150 at the junk yard lol. I remember you and Jeffdachef off caco. No one come over anymore

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Zackster

Zackster
Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Rambo