So how'd I do?

Zackster

Alabama
This is my new (as of a few months ago) American Bass TNT 15" in my home-made 6 cubic feet box tuned to 28hz (I learned the tuning after I built it lol). What do you think? It was my first build so go easy on me... It's running off of a Rockford Fosgate R1200.1D. I'd wager it gets well above 140db with the roof and the door panels flexing. I even got the steering wheel shaking pretty good in the really low frequencies lol. I have since pointed it towards the back and it seems to have gotten a bit louder with the addition of the entire hatch flexing now..

View attachment 26556186

This is my new (as of a few months ago) American Bass TNT 15" in my home-made 6 cubic feet box tuned to 28hz (I learned the tuning after I built it lol). What do you think? It was my first build so go easy on me... It's running off of a Rockford Fosgate R1200.1D. I'd wager it gets well above 140db with the roof and the door panels flexing. I even got the steering wheel shaking pretty good in the really low frequencies lol. I have since pointed it towards the back and it seems to have gotten a bit louder with the addition of the entire hatch flexing now..
View attachment 26556186
Looks good ! Paint it black and it will blend in and with tinted windows you will hardly see it.

View attachment 26556186
nice.. got pics of inside of box? u can put them in gallery (thats all i know how to do lol)

Put a pic in my gallery. It's not much lol I didn't really think to document while I was building it
lol well u did what i ask i was thinking it'd show port with maybe a tad bit if bracing or whatever thats all.. as long as cf is right and port isn't to small (like mine) and is tuned 35hz or lower should sound great and if that sub is new it could get considerably louder after couple weeks of break in.. in my case that took 2 months cause i only drive about 40 miles a week., today to drive 60 miles and mine sounded great with rock even very pleased with my $200 system lol.. so u don't have up firing up anymore?

lol well u did what i ask i was thinking it'd show port with maybe a tad bit if bracing or whatever thats all.. as long as cf is right and port isn't to small (like mine) and is tuned 35hz or lower should sound great and if that sub is new it could get considerably louder after couple weeks of break in.. in my case that took 2 months cause i only drive about 40 miles a week., today to drive 60 miles and mine sounded great with rock even very pleased with my $200 system lol.. so u don't have up firing up anymore?
I've tried both ways and I've noticed that rear facing it just a bit louder. In my case anyways. Although I do have quite a bit more rattle when facing back; that's any easy fix though

What vehicle? I can tell ya right now it'll sound louder with sub up/port back. SUV's are pretty common with this type of sub/port positions combo.

What amp are you feeding it?

I've tried both ways and I've noticed that rear facing it just a bit louder. In my case anyways. Although I do have quite a bit more rattle when facing back; that's any easy fix though
yeah like tahoe said u probably have to port rear to fire sub up.. sub and port on same side almost always louder fired rear..

What vehicle? I can tell ya right now it'll sound louder with sub up/port back. SUV's are pretty common with this type of sub/port positions combo.
What amp are you feeding it?
2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 3.5 - Rockford Fosgate R1200.1D and yeah I guess it's a bit too late to change port/sub position on the box. If I'd known that was the best setup I definitely would've done it that way

2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 3.5 - Rockford Fosgate R1200.1D and yeah I guess it's a bit too late to change port/sub position on the box. If I'd known that was the best setup I definitely would've done it that way
Your really 18? Hell your doing better than Grandmps on here. Who is still deciding on subs and making threads. Anywho, that sub position can be fixed. Just cut up an exact diameter of the mounting depth, grab some glue/caulking and smear that **** around the outside diameter of the piece and place 'er on top. Before that tho, get a few pieces of scrap wood and make them say 4" long by 2" wide and screw 1/2" of the length under the mounting depth cutout of the enclosure. Maybe the entire length of the hole, like 15" long or so prob wouldn't hurt. Anyway, just an idea for ya if you get bored one day and wanna try it out w/o spending a dime.

Looks nice. As long you like it. Forget the rest. I see people all time trying to achieve a goal from other people opinion. I'm a daily driver I don't go to show or demo. So all my build is for my purpose. But being tuned low, how does it do in the higher frequency?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Zackster

Zackster
Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Rambo