so cal installers box builders

Participant count
  • Participant list
ya maybe ill tell my wife im taking here on a romantic get away to monterey on a 3 day weekend " she will be like why are you towing the mazda down with us ? "

If you do, video tape her response because I'm sure it will be worth remembering lol

So the seats are cut down in the center so you have like an extended center console? If so I would stick with your idea and use fiberglass to get a more "creative" look to the front and angle of the enclosure. You could choose to paint it, wrap it, or what ever else you may think of.
As for the amp rack, maybe doing some kind of "floating" look would be ideal. I like using frosted edge plexi and lighting them up with LEDs and making them the exact size of the amp and lifting it up a few inches to give it that floating look.
that sounds nice but big to ship and i need to not make back panel too deep. there was only like 8" between the seats so i cut them down a bit and ill get them recovered so now i have about 13 to 14 " in between them. I wish some of the guys on this site were closer. i hit up 1 guy in la. ca. but not sure if he does this kind of work .

that sounds nice but big to ship and i need to not make back panel too deep. there was only like 8" between the seats so i cut them down a bit and ill get them recovered so now i have about 13 to 14 " in between them. I wish some of the guys on this site were closer. i hit up 1 guy in la. ca. but not sure if he does this kind of work .
You could float the amps on the enclosure if you wanted, should be enough room. You could also flush them into the sides if you wanted to.

Not saying for use to ship it(we would if you wanted) but just trying to bounce ideas around for you.

if he does dustin ,i'll get a video of her response and send it to ya
Sounds like a plan there.

ya i thought about that but i heard its not good to put the amps on the box, is that true ? or do we isolate them with rubber or more wood ? and the amps are kind of big " like 19 " long " so that would take up a bit of my air space. its going to be close already unless i make box go forward more to look like a center consul for volume.

well jason ,if you wanna bring the truck up here ,we can get everything done for you ,but you'll have to leave it for a week to get it all done at once .

well jason ,if you wanna bring the truck up here ,we can get everything done for you ,but you'll have to leave it for a week to get it all done at once .
ok ill think it over " thats a far drive " but pm me a guess on a price. I wont hold you to it because i know things change but just want to get an idea of how much i need to save. thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.