Snake Oil Beleiver

If you're saying you have a hard time remembering what one cable sounds like, how are you able to tell that another cable sounds different at all?
Simply put, if you can tell there's a difference, you can A/B it in a blind/double blind test. Period. If you can't, you're full of ****.
no ass..before you open you big mouth it's simple...

when you flop back and forth and you re relying on short term memory...your mind plays tricks on you..plain and simple...once again...if you haven't tried cable but are still commenting, then you are talking out your ass...

your mind plays tricks on you..plain and simple...
Then how are you sure that your mind isn't playing tricks on you when you leave a different cable in your system for weeks on end? Is long term adaptation any better than short term memory?

But your mind isn't playing tricks on you when you say they sound different, but openly admit you can't remember the differences in an A/B?
Get ****ed.
I never openly admisted shyt..so stop putting words in my mouth...I clearly stated..that all blind and double blind tests are a play on short term memory and nothing more....

The elitist attitude is unneccessary, and doesn't help the hobby one bit.

I'm trying to keep a civil discussion and would like to honestly find out why this is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How about we put some cable that has been broken in and some cable that has not on a spectrum analyzer and check for changes in the FR? Maybe get some impedance curves on it as well?

I could be able to do this over the summer if anybody wants me to.

Obviously

lol

"I cannot remember the differences, the differences can not be measured, but there are differences! Seriously!"

dude...seriously....just keep commenting with your years of audio exp and vast knowledge of product through owning and testing.....ohh wait ...that's me....

IMO...blind tests...and double blind tests are nothing more than a memory game..like when you play that childhood game with the flash cards and you have to flip them over and remember everytime...
bottome line is...if you can hear a difference..then there is a difference..no if ands or buts about it....and it's not that money = better...I've listend to a $30,000 set of transparent audio speaker cables and was less than impressed with them....

and if you don't know how to listen...what to listen for etc, then no it doesn't make a difference...no difference than putting my grandmother behind the wheel of an enzo....
Tell me that you didn't actually do that.

Obviously

lol

"I cannot remember the differences, the differences can not be measured, but there are differences! Seriously!"
All of that doesn't even bother me, what bothers me about pure subjectivity is that other people are supposed to be able to hear the same thing too; if they can't, they don't have "trained" ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

All of that doesn't even bother me, what bothers me about pure subjectivity is that other people are supposed to be able to hear the same thing too; if they can't, they don't have "trained" ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
do you know how to listen for depth and width queues...trully?...can you hear when a frequency band is spiked or almost removed with in a group of frequencies? attack and decay on notes both initially and afterwards...phasing?...all these tools are need to properly listen to any audio system..and it takes a long time and dedication to learn the craft...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AcidicDreams

10+ year member
I don't need one of these
AcidicDreams
Auburn WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date