Snake Oil Beleiver

i couldn't bring myself to post there.
Rattlebrain, you're now in my sig.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Aww christ, ya just would NOT believe some of the crap about cables in the home audio area.... like the guy that was selling RCA IC's for $1k a pair... until some1 took the techflex off a set and found Home Depot zipcord!

And the !$5,000! power cords! OMFG!

I laugh at all you that want to comment, but I'm none of you have tried out or a/b'd good cable....

I have...I own a ton of different cable, and those with well trained do and can hear a difference....

Is that why no blind test has proven conclusively that it can? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

There's a reason cable discussions are systematically deleted on Audioasylum...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm very open to any possibilities...

Nobody's been able to come up with any evidence other than "they just sound different" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is just going to be one of those "all amps sound the same" and "all CD players sound the same" type deals...

SO there is no point in even talking about it. You either believe it or you don't...

This is just going to be one of those "all amps sound the same" and "all CD players sound the same" type deals...
SO there is no point in even talking about it. You either believe it or you don't...
It's the same issue...what parameters do you have for an amp? THD+N, FR, even/odd harmonic patterns, output impedance/DF, etc...changing one of those significantly is going to affect the amp's sonics, for better or worse.

You have resistance, inductance and capacitance in a cable...changing any of those is going to affect what comes out the other end. I could see someone liking a cable with a lot of internal capacitance if they have really harsh speakers, as the cable would function as a low pass filter. But just like amps, I'm at a loss to explain how something would sound different when the defining params are held constant...

IMO...blind tests...and double blind tests are nothing more than a memory game..like when you play that childhood game with the flash cards and you have to flip them over and remember everytime...

bottome line is...if you can hear a difference..then there is a difference..no if ands or buts about it....and it's not that money = better...I've listend to a $30,000 set of transparent audio speaker cables and was less than impressed with them....

and if you don't know how to listen...what to listen for etc, then no it doesn't make a difference...no difference than putting my grandmother behind the wheel of an enzo....

If you're saying you have a hard time remembering what one cable sounds like, how are you able to tell that another cable sounds different at all?

Simply put, if you can tell there's a difference, you can A/B it in a blind/double blind test. Period. If you can't, you're full of ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AcidicDreams

10+ year member
I don't need one of these
AcidicDreams
Auburn WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date