Smokin'

bazooka subs ****, theres ure issue. Try setting ure gains with a DMM next time, set for target rms no higher then what that amps rated for. Buy better subs

bridged at 2 ohms?
OOO FUQQQQ!!!! He right man, thats ure problem right there! U cant bridge ANY 2channel into 2ohms, minimum impedance for a bridged 2ch amp is 4ohms brother. Ure frying ure coils from incorrect wiring configuration.

Solved, unbridged it man. That amp can only run 2ohms unbridged

I dont understand why or how the H e l l everyone does not pay attention to the amplifier ohms stability, and wire the subwoofers to the proper configuration, when there is so much free information on this forum, along with google search these days that are at your fingertips.I just dont get it.You can even print it out, and take it with you??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hitbybrick.gif.68a672fae224041f00769a97c2c1bf2d.gif

That's what I did. I posted the link to the amp as you can see. I ran the subs at 2 ohms bridged. Unfortunately yes I did peak the subs out a bit. That was not intentional, but my brother kept complaining haha, so I just did it for him and told him like 10 times this amp will fry his subs. And 2 minutes later... waaa laaa... SMOKE! haha.

I dont understand why or how the H e l l everyone does not pay attention to the amplifier ohms stability, and wire the subwoofers to the proper configuration, when there is so much free information on this forum, along with google search these days that are at your fingertips.I just dont get it.You can even print it out, and take it with you??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hitbybrick.gif.68a672fae224041f00769a97c2c1bf2d.gif
His amp is 2ohm stable bridged, i found it odd personally but it is. He just pushed thoughs subs too hard, possibly clipped them

His amp is 2ohm stable bridged, i found it odd personally but it is. He just pushed thoughs subs too hard, possibly clipped them
Hence the fact he turned it up all the way until it distorted and turned it down a little so it stayed clipped most likely.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/plthumbsdown.gif.d7966af824c93c6021d1aae1778b1c19.gif

Without Question..Looks like its time to whip out the wallet for some new subs, and possibly another amp?Got more money than I have to blow man.Total Destruction/dont give a Fvck thing to do.Good luck to ya.

His amp is 2Ω stable in bridged mode, it's a Rockford Power series, they're also heavily underrated. The models rated at 25x4 have benched at over 75x4, you really need an O-scope to set the gains properly, it'll do more than rated, how much more? I don't know, but quite a bit. Using a DMM to set the gains to rated power is a waste of a great amp.

I want somebody to produce an amp that has lockable end caps, so we can set gains, and then lock the end caps on so that they can't mess with any settings.

I can't tell if this is a troll thread or not, I'm going to assume it isn't. I recommend new subs that can take the power of that amp without getting fried (they probably sounded like azz anyways), and using an O-scope to set the gains. Distortion is tough to hear in subs, so turning up the gains until you hear distortion already has the gains well into the clipping range (my experiences).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Patthehat033

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Patthehat033
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date