Smd distortion detector vs oscope

one uses preset tones and cds, the other connects directly to any output with probes and reads almost any waveform amplitude/frequency - it's also half the price

I have both and I prefer the scope so I can see whats going on.If you want quick and easy do the dd1,also scopes are cheaper but take a little more time to get the hang of it.

quick search I did, I like scopes better for what mitchell said.

I've never seen anyone check every single frequancy which a scope.
no doubt, you get the point in what was said though. i dont use my oscope for looking at music usually either, but being able to check any frequency or type of waveform is invaluable when compared to the dd-1

Dd1 is nice for fast tunning.. I have one takes no time at all to setup and tune .
Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
i can tune my system with an oscope just as fast as a dd-1, play a tone through a frequency generator on my phone, connect leads and adjust the x/y ranges as i increase gain - done.

You can but most that have never even heard of one wouldent. Giving a large advatange to the dd1. And there is almost no learning curve. They are very beginner/noob friendly.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.