SMD Distortion Detector Testing and Review!

Well let's be honest. This thing has like 2 led's for specific frequencies. It IS possible that it knows what a perfect 40hz sine wave should look like and does the comparison this way.

Well let's be honest. This thing has like 2 led's for specific frequencies. It IS possible that it knows what a perfect 40hz sine wave should look like and does the comparison this way.
Yeah that's why I mentioned that. I'm not saying this is a bad product or doesn't do what it was designed to do. I have no experience with it so how would I know? The only point I'm making is that for that cost I would rather have the scope.

So i wasn't happy with the testing side of the vid....but the review i stand by! lol So i set up my head unit and my NEW amp in a quick no fuss video....should be much better....i'll throw it up tomorrow!

Pretty neat product -- as for the pricing it sounds fair.

Add up R&D time and the fact it's not a huge mass production product and you end up with the price they have. If they made a million a year you would see it under a hundred bucks... but most likely only hard-core guys and shop owners are in the market for this device which is maybe 1% of the total car audio market; and then a small percentage of them will actually know about it and buy it.

As an installer it would be an awesome time save and worth the money.

Was that a wig on top of your subwoofer enclosure?
Sasquatch fur bro.....

251655_212800502093200_100000897547658_614058_1888056_n.jpg

I have a quick question on this SMD Distortion Detector. Will this meter detect distortion at any frequency? I play alot of low frequency songs, my box is tuned to 28hz. I notice the meter a 40hz detector light, will it be the same distortion at 34hz? because thats where i burp at. Reply asap, thanks

It really tune the amp at 40hz...but I have my box tuned to 29hz with 3k, no stinky unless I play a clipped song, play a lower lower tuned song, or just clip it by upping the subwoofer settings on the deck.

My buddy built one of these about 7 years ago. to bad he never got a patent, sent the specs to china and had it produced.
He still brings it over every time I need my gains checked. I'll post up a pic of the raw model.
People dont get how cheap those things are. You can seriously make one yourself with DIY parts you can get online..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

twistedchild420

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
twistedchild420
East,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies